Company Car and other benefits?

xNataliex

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I wanted to ask people what the rights/experiences are concerning company car and other benefits (laptop, mobile, phone bills paid etc)?

I have looked on the net and the car stays with me throughout OML but nothing abou the other stuff? :wall:

Thanks for your help!

Natxx

Hhmm :think: this is an interesting one. I don't know the answer but would be interested to find out. I also have a mobile and laptop.

I think I'll need clarification on this too. I wonder if by keeping mine it might mean they expect me to use it i.e. work! :|

Sabrina
x

During your ordinary maternity leave - which is 39 weeks (nine months) if the baby is born after 1st April. you are entitled to keep your car/ laptop etc... as the company cannot change the terms and conditions of your employment or your job title.

If you decide to take the extra 3 months and have a year off in total they can altar your T + Cs and MAY decide to give you an equivalent job, rather than your old job, meaning you no longer require the car/ lap top/ phone etc.. BUT this is at the company's discretion and at my company they state they would not do this.

HR lecture over... I had my "chat" with HR yesterday so asked all these questions!

TopBird can I ask you about the OML?

My company state I can have 6 weeks full pay then go onto OML of 26 weeks at 30% pay. After that if I wish I can have another 26 weeks AML (advanced maternity leave?) which is UNPAID.

Is this 39 weeks a new law? Or do you think it might just apply to your company? Reason I'm asking is because if it's law then that means I could get 39 weeks paid to some degree instead of the 32 they are suggesting.

Thanks for any help you can give! I need to speak with HR next week :D

Sabrina

I think the basic you are entitled to is 6 weeks at 90%, and then SMP for the remaining 30 weeks of OML (From 1 April07). As your employer is offering enhanced terms, they would not be obliged to extend the enhancement to 39 weeks – you would most likely get 26 weeks enhanced and 13 weeks at SMP.

My work asked for my laptop and mobile back BEFORE I went on mat leave - also I had to hand in my badge! I feel like I Have been given the sack!!!!!!!

My laptop was swapped for a desktop last week. :( One of my good friends is in charge of our IT dept. He tried to make it like I was getting a good deal (top of the range desktop, high spec, big memory etc).... but I now know it's company policy to withdraw laptops for maternity leave.

Wondering now what will happen with my blackberry :think:

The gits! that it not fair... Did you use your laptop as a home PC as well, bit of a pain if you did.

sorry i didn't see your question Sabrina!! I do not come in this bit very often. I guess you have found your answer.

But my understanding of the new law is 33 weeks SMP + 6 weeks at 90% pay = 39 weeks/ 9 months.

topbird said:
The gits! that it not fair... Did you use your laptop as a home PC as well, bit of a pain if you did.

sorry i didn't see your question Sabrina!! I do not come in this bit very often. I guess you have found your answer.

But my understanding of the new law is 33 weeks SMP + 6 weeks at 90% pay = 39 weeks/ 9 months.

Thanks TopBird. My maternity leave period has been amended now and it's not too bad.

Yes, I was disappointed to lose my laptop although I don't use it at home (have a desktop at home plus OH and son have a laptop).

I just thought it was a bit early to withdraw my access to the Laptop. I mean - I'm not on maternity leave just yet! Also, I've just found out I have to go to France next week for a couple of days. Now I'll be out of contact (apart from via the Blackberry) with the family whilst away. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back