colic?

*saulino*

Reaction score
Hi

Just wondering if maybe Kadyn is a colicy baby.
He cries most the time he is awake and stifens up like he is in alot of pain, he farts alot and his tummy is always hard.
I never experienced this with Kiara and am wondering if this may be the case both my mom and dad have mentioned this but i always thought i would have a harder time dealing with a colicy baby if i had one????
Just wondering what you all think
Katrina

Might be reflux, sounds like what Maia used to do, she doesn't do it so much now.

Speak to your Dr about it, or if you are bottle feeding try one of the thicker feeds. Maia has Cow & Gate comfort but I guess you can't get that?

Apparently reflux is more common in boys but we were told its very common for reflux and colic to go hand in hand (2 for the price of 1 seems so unfair). Rowan has both and have to admit displayed the symptoms you've mentioned aswell as recoiling from feeds and screaming in pain. I suggest you see the GP or your HV. Really hope you get it sorted soon, I can understand how stressful it is when they are crying all the time and you have no idea what to do. :hug:

HI

Thanks girls :) , i never thought of reflux.
Hellokitty i am BF so i cannot really switch but i will mentionit to my health nurse at least today when i go to my baby group.
Katrinaxx

Hi

I just looked up reflux and i read that it makes babies spit up or vomit alot , but Kadyn doesnt do this he spits off maybe once or twice a week and only when its hot out?
Katrina

Hi my son is 6 weeks old and has just been diagnosed with reflux He hardly ever vomits. Santino will only eat 2 or 3 ounces at a time which is common in reflux babies as they know they may feel bad. He arches his back and squirms after he has bought his wind up, then he screams for a while. After going to the GP and getting Gaviscon perscibed he is a different baby at meal times.. Hope your little one feels better soon :hug:

hi

Thats interesting, Kadyn will eat for about 5 min or so then stop for about half hour then eat again he does this for a few hours till he goes back to sleep . Inbetween he gets cranky screams ect
The health nurse wasnt at baby group today so i will have to phone her
Katrina

It all sounds vert complicated katrina! when my lo had colic you knew it every evening cos all he did was scream and turn into a little fireball and took hours to calm him down!
I hope kadyn doesnt have colic or reflux, but its sadly really common now and you are best asking your doc or HV babes. Have fun at the baby group

Hi

Thanks hun , my doctor is never in usless really :roll: but i will try and get ahold of myhealth nurse again today
Katrina

How do you cope Saulino?? ! Freya is acting v simular to this - she is crying after a feed and pulls off screaming some times, she has spent most of the day at the mo especially morning up to lunch crying, goes bright red in face, seems really uncomfy, i dont know what to do.... Aimee had reflux but was sick all the time and cried in the evenings so behaved v different.

Let us know what you find out
x

It is possible to have silent reflux where a baby doesn't vomit much which makes it difficult to diagnose however the treatment is the same and is effective.

Hi

Duds to be honest i dont know i just do :?
i will let you know when i know somthing

Katrina

Awww, I remember the colic days :(
The one thing I noticed with Reece was his poo was like an emerald greeny colour, apparently thats a sign of bad colic?
Infacol and dentinox became my best friends!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back