colds?

kellie80

Reaction score
Nathan seemed to have a cold when he was only 4 days old. I took him to the GP when he was 5 days and she listened to his chest and said it sounded clear. I seemed to clear for a few days then come back. Its still here now and he is always coughing and sneezing. I didn't think babies this young got ill. He seems fine in every other way and it hasn't affected his feeding. Anyone else had a baby this young getting a cold?

Hi Kellie

My little one is the same :(
Took her to GP last week and he said she was just mucosy with a touch of cold. She is sneezy and "crackly". Nothing they can do for her, not affecting her feeding either but seems worse during the nite. I am up and down like a yo-yo cos it sounds like it is right at the back of her throat.
At little but concerned that it might develope into something.

Katrina
xxxxxx

Hiya faith is the same she is full of what i think is a cold HV told me to take her to docs in a couple of days if no better!
she seems worse in the morning and is throwing up mucus sick :puke:

Tia was like this on and off for the first six weeks while her little body adjusted,
Maybe because your babies are still so young that they are getting rid of all the mucus and crap that they had inside them before and during birth.
I was told by my midwife at the time that this is quite common as they dont suction babies out like they used to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back