• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Clingy baby

Keely

Reaction score
Hi Girls

I really need some advise on this one.....

Ellis was due to stay at my mums last sat but at 7.30 he had to come home cos he was SCREAMING and wouldnt settle.

We decided to try again this sat but my mum has been round today and took him upstairs to change him and i was down stairs and he started again. Any time he can not see me he will cry but if I am in view he will stop???!!!

I remember hayley saying owen was doing this, did he stop yet hayley?

Has anyone else had this, will I ever get a social life back or am I in with Ellis now forever????

I also feel really bad about it. Like I have made him clingy by doing everything for him, but what can I do its only me and Ellis most days.

Keely xxxxx

Lol dont worry this will pass. They go through a stage at around 3 months where they realise how much they need their mummy and they can see you move around the room, but to them once you leave the room you no longer exist and they get scared of not seeing you again.

Good methods of helping them over come this are to play peek a boo round the door, keep appearing and reapearing round the door frame. Also try to get your OH or anyone else to do things with him, like change his nappy, give him a bath or put him to bed, that way he wont feel so dependand on you that he feels he cant be away from you.

thanks cat.

I knew babies get clingy to there mummys but I didnt know it was so early.

I have asked OH to help me more at weekend, the problem is too that he leaves for work @ 6 am and doesnt get home till 7pm when ellis is in bed. So he only sees him at weekends.

xxxxxx

Keely i can completley sympathise with u!! Owen has been like this for agesss!!

He is slowly getting better and will go with others sometimes but still screams alot other times!! Sometimes i feel like he is my shadow lol I can't go anywhere without him!!

Like about an hour ago i was playing with him and he was all happy. Then i left him in his chair and sat where he couldnt see me, and he was ok. I was desperate for the toilet so i sneaked out, as soon as i left the room he screamed and screamed until he could see me again :? I don't know how he knew lol He cant see the door where i went out :? lol

When i asked th HV she said it was just becuase he had just come out of hospital (it started when he was 9 weeks :shock: ) and he was anxious about it all etc. I just cant ever seeing it being any different!! I'm with him all day so he is used to it just being us i suppose??

Hope Ellis improves soon!! When does he have his 3rd jabs?? Owen has his on the 9th Nov :? How is Ellis doing?? Heard his giggle!! He's getting so big!!

Hope you're both ok xxxx

Hi

Kiara is still like this i cant leave the room without her screaming even if shes with Daddy , its so hard on me and i hope it gets better before the new baby comes cuz i cant be paying attention to just her nomore
Hope he settles soon for you

Katrina

thanks girls.... Luckly Ellis does not do it to his dad. I was really shocked as OH has started new job and doesnt see Ellis awake in the week.

But this saturday he took him out in the morning to see what happens (and let me get over my hangover!! hehe) and he was fine. I am so happy, I can breath at the weekends at least.

xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back