• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

christmas!

charlotte_

Reaction score
OH & i never have christmas dinner together, he spends it with his grandparents, and i have it at my mums house. we've decided that i'll take the baby with me to my mums this christmas. and after that we usually go to my step-mums house to see my dad, and extended step-family, we plan to do the same this year, and to stay over.
my question is, will the baby have any idea he's not at home? if he's born on his due date (ha!) he'll be a month old. will he have a clue? will it upset him, being his first night away from home? because if it's going to be a pain i'll probably just go home instead of staying. any advice?

As long as he's got you it won't matter where he is hun.

Have a great time :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Baby wont know this year but i think it will in future years, i cant imagine not being as a family on christmas day :? could you not do his family in the morning and yours in the afternoon or something?

I agree, your baby won't know the difference so long as you're with them so I wouldn't worry about that side of things. I have to agree with Hennaly tho because I couldn't imagine spending our baby's first Christmas apart, it's such a family day that we'd have to be together. This year we plan to go to my mum's for Christmas dinner but will visit OH's mum before for a few hours. Is there any way you could do something like this?

Your LO will be fine as long as they are with you ;)

Personally I'd want to spend Christmas as a family, the 3 of you. Thats what we are planning to do :D Just going to split the time with my parents and his parents.

Ditto the others. Baby won't notice, so long as you are close by.

I'd see family on Boxing Day or invite them over Christmas morning for a few hours. Or go see them all together. I'd not want to spend our first family Christmas apart.

it will only be for a couple of hours while we eat. we'll spend the morning together, and most of the afternoon.
i'm gonna do it this year, and if it doesn't work out i'll know not to do it again!

crikey.... I can't imagine being away from my DH on our first christmas as a family of 3. We're planning to spend christmas day seeing my family and boxing day with his. After that he's got 4 days off work that we can spend together too :cheer: :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back