Chocolate Truffles

Hey!
Matt makes gorgeous chocs.
My faves are his white choc and baileys truffles - this year he is making them as xmas pressies and making boxes for them! (i do sometimes wonder whether he is straight, lmao).

i'll try and find the recipe

There's a lovely looking recipe in this month's Asda magazine (free at checkout).

Ooooh I've just found it here you go:

• Break 225g Asda Dark Chocolate into pieces and put in a bowl over a pan of simmering water to melt.

Remove the bowl from the pan and stir in 150ml double cream and 2tbsp Cointreau or rum. Leave until cold and then chill for at least 1 hour.

Line a baking tray with baking paper. Using two teaspoons, shape the chocolate mixture into rough balls and put on the prepared baking tray. Chill for a further 30 minutes.

Roll the truffles in icing sugar or cocoa to coat them all over. Keep them in the frige and eat within the week.

Yum!

Valentine Xxx

Oooooo they sound good do you think I could use Mint Baileys instead? My brother bought me some for my Bday and I dont know if Im going to like it so want something to do with it incase I dont lol!

I used to work with a chef who had her own business making truffles. She's just lovely and her truffles are AMAZING. They taste wonderful and they're the size of golf balls. I don't have a recipe but her site is www.fionasfayre.com and if you email her I'm sure she'll have some sort of genius to share!

Suzie and Faith said:
Hey!
Matt makes gorgeous chocs.
My faves are his white choc and baileys truffles - this year he is making them as xmas pressies and making boxes for them! (i do sometimes wonder whether he is straight, lmao).

i'll try and find the recipe

:wall: Lol! Sorry I didnt see that! So yaaay mint baileys truffles it is then! :D

My OH uses something like that Asda recipe.

He always chills them in the freezer as it's mega quick!

He also dips them in melted choc once they've set for a nice crispy outside!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back