Childminders

Flame

Reaction score
I just asked a childminder that is looking for part time work what she charges as i need one asap, and she messaged me back saying £7.50 per hour!!!! :shock: :shock:
I'm sure thats more than twice what a normal childminder charges?!? Its more than what i get an hour so i would be going to work for minus money. how does she expect someone who is on minimum wage or a low income to pay her!

Have a look at this link, pop in your location under the childcare finder and then select childminder and a list should pop up.

http://schoolsfinder.direct.gov.uk/

The childminders in my area start from £2.75 an hour so i do think the one you have spoke to is quite expensive.

Thats a total rip off. You wouldnt have any wages left.

My childmider charges #3.20

It is rediculously high! I mailed back saying i dont earn anywhere near that much so couldnt afford her, but felt like saying Hahaah your not gonns get any work at that price!!!

My friends is one and charged £2.80 p/h (it may have gone up to £3.00 recently with the fuel prices etc as she takes them out every day nearly) bust she said usually between £2.75 and £4.00 p/h in this area so £7.50 is extortionate!

She has mailed me back and said she is open to negotiation. I have responded that all the other childminders i have contacted charge between £2.50 and £3.50 and put a question mark and left it at that.

I have no experience in this area whatsoever so excuse the stupid question but..

would this lady look after more than one baby at the same time?

Jen&James said:
I have no experience in this area whatsoever so excuse the stupid question but..

would this lady look after more than one baby at the same time?

Yes. There are rules, like 1 under 1 and 2 under 2 etc (I think, but maybe its different in Scotland) and they can get extensions too at busy crossover times like after school or lunchtime when they have more older children.

Valentine Xxx

What a rip off!

I'm looking into becoming a childminder and you are self employed but ones round here charge £112 per week full time!

not that much if it was just babysitting

Last edited:
:shock: we pay £3.50 an hour - that is more than enough!!

lol
I know they say in London that childminders get paid more, and if there Ofsted approved u get more, and with CRB check

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back