Childcare voucher schemes - Where on earth do you start?????

evemarie8

Reaction score
Really need some advice, we have just lost our childcare on a Thursday and Friday as my husbands family can no longer do it and I need to get Clark into a Nursery for those days urgently, problem is we really cant afford the fees so I desperately need to know what help we might be able to get. I have called the CAB but they are closed on Fridays so I will call them back 1st thing on Monday and make an appointment to go in but I would really like some info in the meantime as this is really going to play on my mind all weekend and I don't know what to do at all. So far I have spoken to a nursery we like the look of and they think they could fit him in on the days we want but its £34 a day :shock: :cry: so £68 a week and there is no way we can do that by ourselves or even afford to cover it for a few weeks whilst we get some help sorted out.
Many thanks in advance for any advice xxxx

Speak to your employer about childcare vouchers as i'm pretty sure it goes through them.
Also if you get working tax you may be entitled to help towards it too. So call them.

That's the best i can help you with,

Vouchers come through your employer. If they don't currently do them, you could try to encourage them to look into it. I don't think it costs them anything. Your husband can do the same.

You can claim up to £243 each per month via salary sacrifice, and it comes out of your wages before tax, so the savings can be substantial, particularly if you both get them

Mine come through Busy Bees. I think there's further info on their website.

:wave: :wave: :wave:

Hey girl! Long time!
I hope you sorted out the childcare voucher issue. Just wanted to say hi, it's been a while!

Yep you need to check with your employer - either they'll give you a form to apply with or you can apply online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back