Childcare help

Lacey's Mummy

Reaction score
We had an annual income of 33k but has now dropped to 29k since going back to work, if I went back an extra day so our income goes back up to 33k, would I be entitled to any help with nursery fee's?
I can't afford childcare if we can't get any help but ATM we're surviving on £100 a month after all our bills and food has been paid but that's not covering petrol, water, gas, electric bills etc!
I fill I need to work more again!

I swear 40k is the cut off point but I wouldnt trust my judgement lol.

Id imagine you'd get some but probably not alot, but then childcare for a day is around £30-35? So you'd be making more than that during the one day at work so even if you got just one day of nursery paid for you, I guess its better than nothing.

I dont think the entitled to website shows childcare entitlement but it might be worth a look.

Yeah normally if you earn over 42k I think your not entitled to anything!! I would look into it hun!!
xxxx

Thanks for the link, I'm on my phone so can't do it ATM but will as soon as I'm on my lappy next x.

I work in a nursery. Fee's where I work are £40 a day and £25 for half a day! I'm not sure what the cut off salary is for childcare but I know most companies have ways of helping. I don't know much about it but it might be worth you and your partner asking you place of work if they do childcare vouchers??? There are a few differnt types but busy bee vouchers seems to be the ones most companies offer and nearly all nurseries accept these. Not sure if this helps but I thought I'd mention it in case you didn't know. Good Luck.

busy bees vouchers can save you up to £70 per month each xx

our household income is 28k (based on this yrs) it was £34k and we only got £10 a week, now im bk at work we got £50 a week towards £120 childcare, so about half, ive had to increase her childcare and now pay £197 and we get £94 a week, so you will get something, not a lot, but normally based on roughly what they told me almost 1/2 what you will be paying out if your earning around the 30k mark,

hope this helps a little,

Amz
x

our household income is 28k (based on this yrs) it was £34k and we only got £10 a week, now im bk at work we got £50 a week towards £120 childcare, so about half, ive had to increase her childcare and now pay £197 and we get £94 a week, so you will get something, not a lot, but normally based on roughly what they told me almost 1/2 what you will be paying out if your earning around the 30k mark,

Amz
x

I know this is old but I DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! our household income I'is £27600 and we are entitled no ZERO help with childcare?

Amz
x

I know this is old but I DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! our household income I'is £27600 and we are entitled no ZERO help with childcare?

Not sure on sexyamy's circumstances but maybe both her & her partner work?? What about you Erin? Do you & your partner both work? Jst trying to think of a reason why you get 0

Erin, i'm totally stumped then!!

Have you double checked the tax credit calculator on their website, just incase they've got it wrong (wouldn't be the first time!)

:)

When you do the calculator does the amount of working tax credits include the childcare help? Im applying for jobs at the moment and just added it all up and took out childcare from the final amount. I assumed they put the childcare help into the calculations.

As far as I remember you DONT include that as your WTC - I'm sure it asks you later on in the calculation how much you pay for childcare - not 100% though as its been a while since I done a calculation.

I'm gonna do it again in a bit. I'm totally peed off with the while system tbh. Im not getting any help TO WORK EXTRA DAYS A WEEK?????

Sorry, this is just a really touchy subject to me at the moment xxx

I fill exactly the same Erin. I worked out that if I went back to work just 1 extra day a week, after paying child care I'd be left with £140 but thats working 32 hours! Just doesn't seem worth it!!

It really annoys me that families are penalised for wanting to work more. :(

I don't get any help either :( we would have done under the old terms but not now they have lowered the threshold.

Amz
x

that cantbe right :confused: we're about the same and get help. Our childcare costs are £99 per week. do you both work over 16 hours? you have to both work 16 hrs or more per week to be eligeable for it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back