Child benefit changes :-/

Friends of mine who earn less than me have more disposable income than we will as they get help with housing benefit, childcare etc. I can understand Ur point redbear and why u would think like that, I'm
Sure most ppl would agree with u but it is middle earners hit constantly and penalised for earning more xx

I think they should change it at all, why do high earners not eligible for it and people who have never worked a day in their life do? Its the opposite ends but still.

High earner are the people who FUND this tax, yet they dont get pretty much any benefits except CB. And why not? My opinion though.

Just for the record - my DH is over 40% tax, I am not.

Why should we not get CB is the question?

Friends of mine who earn less than me have more disposable income than we will as they get help with housing benefit, childcare etc. I can understand Ur point redbear and why u would think like that, I'm
Sure most ppl would agree with u but it is middle earners hit constantly and penalised for earning more xx
I am with you pos, they are hit more than others and actually fund the system - of course it not only them but the government relies heavily on middle class.

Im just a grumpy poor person, we work but get no help from the goverment (until we have had baby) and are worse off than people who have never worked because of the cost of petrol etc we end up on less than minimum wage IFKWIM. I agree the high tax earners have put a lot in but then again most area's ive worked in where they have been 'rich' they seem to get a lot more care given to the area they live in, police seem a lot quicker to answer calls and actually show up (just in the experience i have had) roads seem to actually be drivable on etc. Dont get me wrong they have paid for it so they should!! I can't even get them to grit the road i live on.
I think its all messed up and to be honest stopping the higher tax earners £20 isnt going to stop how much they waste on people with no intention to work. They should be more help to even things out on a whole really, you shouldnt be better off on the dole.

Im just a grumpy poor person, we work but get no help from the goverment (until we have had baby) and are worse off than people who have never worked because of the cost of petrol etc we end up on less than minimum wage IFKWIM. I agree the high tax earners have put a lot in but then again most area's ive worked in where they have been 'rich' they seem to get a lot more care given to the area they live in, police seem a lot quicker to answer calls and actually show up (just in the experience i have had) roads seem to actually be drivable on etc. Dont get me wrong they have paid for it so they should!! I can't even get them to grit the road i live on.
I think its all messed up and to be honest stopping the higher tax earners £20 isnt going to stop how much they waste on people with no intention to work. They should be more help to even things out on a whole really, you shouldnt be better off on the dole.
I agree with you, the system isnt perfect and its sad and makes me mad that people who work their butts off are worse off then ones that have never worked. There is no incentive at all. Plus the cost of childcare makes it difficult to go back to work. In my area its horrendously expensive and my salary will just about cover the nursery.

No country isperfect though, Russia has flat ratr - 13% and the disparity is much worse

Yeah it makes me upset a lot when we struggle to get by and i see people living a better lifestyle than we do and i know they have never worked. There cutting working family's tax but making dole more, which will help how? it will make it harder for a working family and easier to just sign on, which a lot of people choose to do. I mean we pay tax too and in relation to the wage we get its a hell of a lot of money to us that they take but whenever we ask for help are told no.
When OH lost his job they wanted him to move into a hostel because they didn't want to pay his rent (£400 a month) he refused and got into debt and had to use all his redundancy pay to pay rent he owed. All we wanted was a helping hand until he found work but because he had no kids and was under 25 was expected to go live in a homeless shelter. Even tho he had paid his own rent for three years and all the bills council tax etc they where not interested. It just makes me angry at how easy some people have it (i.e my cousin) x

I know exactly where your coming from red bear. I I think unfortunately the system seems to work best for those who KNOW how to take full advantage of it. Yet some of those who NEED help for a little while don't get it.

No systems perfect though, and its never gonna please everyone.

Xxx

Yeh its always going to piss someone off! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back