Chickenpox

jools221181

Reaction score
I'm hoping someone can help!

The MIL has just phoned my husband to tell him her and her husband have just found out they have chickenpox! We went to see them on Friday is there any chance Brody could have caught it from them? They have only just got the spots but am I right in thinking the spots don't show straight away? :think:

The spots dont appear staright away no, but I'm not sure how long they have the virus before they appear.

Can I take Arianna round to theirs as I want her to get them so they are out the way.... although I wouldnt have at Brody's age. Hope he hasnt caught them!!

They will have been contagous for 2-3 days before the spots came out. If she gets them they usually take about 2 weeks to show up. She might not have caught them, hopefully. My neice was here all day the day before Aimee and Nathans spots came out and she never caught them.

There's a good chance your LO has it. When they're little it's never as bad so probably best to get it out of the way now........

Sammystar said:
There's a good chance your LO has it. When they're little it's never as bad so probably best to get it out of the way now........

Yeah Nathan was only about 4 months when he got it and it was pretty mild. Aimee got it the worst of the 3 and she was about 18 months.

Thanks everyone! :hug: I've heard before that it's not so bad when they are babies so I suppose it isn't so bad if he has caught it!

i think the incubation period is actually 2 weeks before the spots appear so he may well have it. my friends baby had it when he was 8 months old and she said it was great as he didn't have the ability to scratch yet very well so therefore no scars.

keep us updated he'll be fine though x

BIG hugs Brody, I'm sure he'll be just fine, I'll pop round for a cuddle then Isaac can get his exposure to them pesky pox out of the way hehe Very best wishes jools, hope all's well :hug:

Thanks everyone there's no sign yet but I'm keeping my eyes peeled for any signs!

Oh and you are welcome to come for a cuddle anytime! :lol:

I do hope he stays well for you and him jools :hug: And I shall be round asap :lol:
Is anytime a good time for LO to get chickenpox? I always believed it was better for them to get it before 1, is that not the case? :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back