Cheque help!

mrs_tommo22

Reaction score
My dh has had a cheque sent to him today from HM Revenue and Customs. Think its a tax repayment??

Only problem is its in his name and he uses my account as his account is screwed. Can he sign it over to me to pay inour account that he is not a part of??

HELP! Money is meant to be spent not sit in cheque form lol!

Depends if the cheque is crossed or not, if it is and says 'a/c payee only' then it can only be paid it in to an account in his name, if its not there should be something on the back he can sign to let you pay it in.xx

i didnt think they crossed cheques anymore, it has to go into the account of the name on the cheque :think:

hennaly said:
i didnt think they crossed cheques anymore, it has to go into the account of the name on the cheque :think:

There is one company that does and i cant think who! Think its prob for benefits :think: doubt inland revenue would.xx

hennaly said:

Previously cheques didn't have "a/c payee" printed on them by default, now almost all of them do. So you don't have to physically cross them anymore because it's done for you.

I got a tax rebate from Inland Revenue and it was only payable into an account in my name. Maybe he'd be able to get it cashed at the issuing bank with proof of ID?

as far as im aware you will not be able to cash it, the only thing you can do is ring ir and explain and get them to send you one in your name!

Think all you will be able to do is open a basic account in his name with just a cash card, lloyds are a good one and they will pay it in for you there and then in the branch,he willneed tobe there though x

You used to be able to cash government cheques at the Post Office, with sufficient identification. But that's going back a lot of years. It's a long time since I've written one or had to cash one. Might be worth a try.

Thank you ladies for all your help!

We phoned them up and they told us to send the cheque back with a covering letter and they transfer the money straight into my account.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back