changed the date of my 12 week scan

Manda&Thomas

Reaction score
have changed it from tomorrow to the 4th of oct i think hubby said so baby would of grown instead of having one tomorrow then having to wait till end of oct to see baby :D
hubby and i have desided we are going to have scans done every 4 weeks till baby comes and we will be finding out the sex although my dad has told me he dont want to know he likes surprices lol
manda xx

:shock: every 4 weeks?

Personally I am quite happy just to have a 12 and a 20 week scan- I think its safer because a scan is like an Xray and I hate the thought of it harming the baby at all- even though there's no evidence to support that its ajust a weird niggle! :oops:

Plus, I can't afford one every month! Wouldn't you rather be buying cute baby stuff for when LO arrives!?

x

they might scan u and get u to come bk in a week anyway.. u need to be about 12 weeks for 12 week scan if u get the nuchal fold test..

aww thats such a nice idea to have scans every 4 weeks a little timeline of baby growing.
Im glad you got everything sorted out with the other scan hun and you got to see your little babys was groing nice and strong :D :hug: .

Jade_Number1 said:
: because a scan is like an Xray

jade a scan is nowhere near as harmful as an x-ray. An x-ray uses radiation and a scan is merely sound passed through the body, hence why a pregnant woman can have an ulrasound and not an x-ray. the only bad thing about ultrasound is that it cant pick up bones whereas x-ray can :D .

weve nearly got everything for the baby anyways just the big things to go like crib and pram :D
got soo much clothes bottles and everything :D
its nice to be able to give the baby all the scan pics and dvds for its 18th birthday afterall you will never get to see that baby in your womb again :D
manda xx

scan pics do seem to fade over time. I'm sure James' aren't as clear as they used to be :(

It will be amazing seing the baby every four weeks

yer the thermal ones do like you get at the hospital you can get ones on photo paper now that dont fade
my nephew who is 10 his has faded really bad now :(
manda xx

I might try taking photo's of James' while they're still around then. Or perhaps scan them and print them into photo paper :think:
It's a shame I couldn't get them on photo paper to start with, they never gave me that option. They were just normal NHS scans

i dont think nhs offers them on different paper at the mo i am going to ask when i go for mine though as you dont want to pay money for something that wont last
you could always scan them put them onto a cd then they are safe forever
manda xx

I scanned mine into computer so they will last forever :cheer:

sonograpehr at our hospital said..scnas and dopplers have heatting efects on the womb. dunno what that means.. but i dont see the point personaly of having loads of scans.. as long as its growing ok and theres no abnormalitys im happy with the normal scans

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back