Can you freeze bananas?

Happybunny

Reaction score
I have a about 10 bananas about to go off and we can't eat them in time. I am too tight to throw them away and wondered if I can freeze them so I can use them when I start weaning April in a month's time?

If you can, how do you do it? Would I mash them, or do them whole or in slices?

I dont think you can freeze banana as far as I know.

Yes, you can freeze bananas. I've only ever frozen them whole (and then eaten them a bit like an ice lolly!). I'd imagine it would be easiest to mash them in a little pots for weaning though. The consistency will probably be a bit funny when you defrost but as long as you give it a good stir it will be fine.

If I have lots of bananas on their way out I tend to make a banana cake - it's nicest if the bananas have pretty much gone completely brown so everybody has plenty of chance to eat them before I decide to make a cake! :lol:

I've never tried, nor would I want to tbh. Not the kind of fruit that would freeze well.

Make milkshakes with them is the easiest thing. You can use up a fair few in one go then. Just make sure you drink it while its fresh. Standing means the banana goes icky.

I've never tried so don't know. But why don't you try an experiment if they're going to go to waste anyway? Freeze a couple whole, a couple mashed and a couple chopped then let us know what works best?! I'd be interested to know the result!

You can freeze bananas, that's how you can buy strawberry and banana frozen smoothie mix :D

i've frozen banana puree and its been absolutely fine :) add a bit of lemon juice to stop it from going brown.

You can definitely freeze bananas - best dipped in chocolate first though! :D

Thank you all!! :hug: :hug:

I am going to try and freeze some. As Mummy Jess says, they are going to waste anyways, I might as well try it.
Thanks for the link Foxxi! That will help! I may even keep a few and try making a banana cake tomorrow, yum!! :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back