can you defrost overnight?

Kimbo

Reaction score
ive frozen loads of meals for Leah all week, and every morning i take her dinner and tea out the freezer to defrost, but come dinnertime, her dinner hasn't defrosted properly so i end up throwing it away and making her something completely new.
i do this every day, i thought I would have learned by now lol
so is it safe to take it out at night and leave it to defrost all night??

ive done it again today and i know for a fact its not gonna defrost! :doh:

Yes it is safe to defrost overnight (in the refridgerator), but do you have a microwave? If so, just defrost in there then blast til really hot and leave to cool.

What are you feeding her? If its just veg/fruit purees (no meat or fish) then I wouldn't throw it out if it hadn't defrosted by a particular meal time, just use something else or make something then use it the following day - it won't spoil.

Valentine Xxx

thanks for answering.
yes for her lunch its fruit purees and veg for her tea.
i wasnt sure if you coud only leave it out for a certain amount of time before it spoils.
yes i have a microwave but don't even like defrosting my food in there, so don't really want to do it with leah's.. But if i make it really hot it will kill any bacteria won't it?

yep, I nearly always defrost Asher's meals in the microwave. Then once defrosted I blast it on high so that it's piping.

Perfectly safe to use microwave and better than throwing it away.

K.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back