CAN THEY SACK ME?

Sarah babe

Reaction score
Hi all i am 22 weeks and 4 days pregnant :dance: i told my employer at a very very early stage just at 5 weeks(i dont have to legally tell them until i am further on). A week after i informed them i was preg they called an emergency meeting to say that my work had not been up to scratch since oct 2005 :evil: but this was the first time they mentioned it in feb. So we have had countless meetings they giving me targets which i have completed but by the time the next meeting comes they come up with other stuff and it is silly stuff like a cup on my desk! :x this is really stressing me out and i have joined the union as i am only 20 i didnt think i needed to join the union but i have. Then they told me last week we were going to have a hearing and they would decide if i am getting sacked. The thing is my employer has put nothing in writing, i have had no writting warnings or anything. So on friday i asked for the policy document, all comlaints etc and a few other offical documents then when i had the meeting on tuesday and then they said it wasnt a hearing so i wasnt getting sacked they will review this every week! I had to think about this all weekend!

I am getting way to stressed and am now feeling like they are picking on me all the time. my line manager is going in my draws and on my computer when i am away from my desk and it is really annoying me

any advice please anyone?

Have you spoken to the Union? I'm sure you can speak to them and have someone with you to represent you in all of their "meetings".

You should also speak to someone in the Citizens Advice Bureau.
Thats bullying? They can't just wait from October to February and not mention a thing about your work and all of a sudden start intimidating you. But as long as you're meeting your deadlines then they should let up or its harrasment.

Also have a look at your contract there should be a grievance proceed for you to complain to someone that you're being bullied.
There should also be set guidelines about what they're allowed to do.
I would definately speak to someone about it.

But I know it's easy for me to say hang in there!

It makes me so mad........ :evil: :evil:

hun it sounds like they are trying to sack you or just make life so tough you quit.

hope she wont mind me saying this but i'd suggest sending a pm to Rosieroo as she went through something similar with her employers and would be better able to advise you.

good luck hun and dont take any cr**!

xxx

NO THEY CAN NOT SACK YOU, if they have only just told you that your work isnt up to scratch, they have to give you an assement and tell you what is wrong with your work and then give you at least a month to prove your work before talking to you again, but before they sack you they have to let you know that if you are not working to their standard you could be let go.

I know this because as a director of the company i work for, we have had to do it with staff (not pg staff!) but ones that have shown bad work. Dont let them push you around hun, being PG is not a crime!

Natalie x

I had a s**t time when I was pg - informed them at 5 weeks because I had a bleed and had to go to hospital for a scan. When I went back to work I was intimidated and told if I took anymore time off due to my pg then they would be basically look into whether they could sack me......
I was signed off with stress from 7 weeks, had weeks of letters and demands (including asking for my MATB1 when I was 8 weeks!!). In the end I went to see a solicitor, got legal aid (they work out how much you have left over after bills and because I was signed off it was little enough to entitle me to it) and then the solicitor took over, I resigned. My old work tried to say they would have sacked me anyway as I had made hundreds of unauthorised visits to the internet (during my lunchbreak which I had been verbally informed was ok and I am pretty sure it wasn't nearly like the amount they said). The solicitor was fab and in the end I settled out of court. I was suing them for sexual discrimination amoungst other things (they withheld SSP payments etc).

Don't mess around. See CAB or have a free consult with a solicitor to find out where you stand.

(((hugs))))

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back