Ph: 8.0
Concentration (million/ml) 5.94
Motility (progressive) 45%
Motility non prog 4%
Motility (immobile) 51%
Sperm antibodies 0%
Sperm morphology 3%
Total motile count 4.8 million

I have been referred back to the clinic for an appointment for ivf so I’m taken it that the results are bad

I think most clinics look for a total motile count of at least 4 million to attempt IUI, and the success rates rise pretty significantly as the count increases, so maybe that's why they've referred you straight to IVF. However, my OH has now done 5 sperm analyses in total and the counts, motility and morphology have varied wildly each time. Test 1 and 3, they were basically thinking of referring us for ICSI. Tests 2, 4 and 5 were totally normal, actually pretty good. When test 4 came back fine, they gave us the go-ahead for IUI.

So if your OH has only had one sperm test, maybe ask for another.

I don't know anything about ph and antibodies. Also, disclaimer, info above is from my endless googling and I'm not a doctor - it's all speculation.

Zinc and coenzyme Q10 supplements seem like they might have made a difference for my OH (although maybe it's just coincidence). He's been taking these since test 3 came back. He also thinks he's been much less stressed out generally since then, and his andrologist said this would make the biggest difference.

Depending on which criteria they use the 3% morphology might be low. My husband's was 7% which they commented was on the low end but could be fixed with vitamin supplementation and testing a few months later, which worked (Zinc and multivitamin).

When we did DH's testing they said that the Total motile count should be no less than 15 million (DH had 10), the morphology percentage looks a bit low too but as Mar said, have them test again - in the meantime have DH take some supplements, do some exercise and generally try and be as healthy as possible. That's what they told us to do ~shrugs~

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back