• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

C. Section and Driving - Advice Needed

Fiona

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Just wondering how you long you ladies who had C. Section waited until you started driving again ??????????

I know the hospital says 6 weeks but my HV said that after 4 weeks is okay and even earlier if I feel okay - now I am confused.

Spoke to a friend yesterday and she started to drive after 2 weeks ......

I understand that the risk is that if you have to do an emergancy stop you risk ripping out the stitches etc.......

I had my section 2 weeks ago tomorrow and from day one have been up and about and had absolutely no problem. no had any pain or discomfort and found it easy to get around. MW is really pleased that scar is healing well and so no problems there.

Since about day 5 have been out walking with Grace Hannah in her pram
every day and apart from feeling tired have felt fab......

but feeling very restircted not being able to drive - have to keep relying on OH to take me here, there and everywhere and as he is working this is not always easy........

what has every one else done.... am I best to wait the 6 weeks or should I be okay to drive earlier if I feel up to it ???

hi hun i started after 5 weeks but it was still really sore, try not to rush it i know its hard

Hi Fiona,
I am in the same position as you-I had my section 2 weeks ago yesterday and the thought of another 4 weeks not being able to drive is not a good one.
Last time I drove after aboout 4 weeks and I think I will propbably leave it the same length of time again.
Glad to hear things are good with you.
Paula.x

I had a family emergency and had to drive after 5 days! :shock: I wouldn't advise this to anyone but my car is an automatic and so I didn't have to content with the clutch all the time.

Basically if you can lift your leg off the floor without it pulling on your stomach then you should be fine - having said that you should check with your insurance because even though you may feel fine your insurance may be invalid if you have an accident and you haven't been reviewed by a dr before you drive after what is classed as major surgery.

Hi Fiona,
I started driving 2 weeks after my section. I was like you - no problems really. I called my insurance company to check and they said as long as my GP was happy then so were they. My doctor didn't seem bothered as long as I was OK so I got in my car and went!
It's soooo nice to be able to drive. It was driving me crazy being stuck in the house and dependent on other people for lifts.
Lx

:wave: hi fiona i was desperate to drive, i rang my insurance company and they said i could drive anytime providing i wasn't on prescription drugs, so istarted driving at about 3 weeks. was a little tender to start with but now back to normal.

i would check with your insurance company and drive when you feel ready xx hope you and grace well xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back