Burning, flaky, itchy nipples!

Sal88

Reaction score
I've had enough! Something has to be done about my nipples! They feel like they're on fire, they're flaky and dry and so so itchy. Any suggestions? I've tried all sorts of moisturisers but they all sting. I don't want to go to the docs unless I really have to.

Thanks
Sal

I read somewhere that you can get thrush on you nips - could it be that? If so I'd go see a doctor for some cream esp seeing as prescriptions are free.

Saying that I had really itchy nipples last night - I wanted to scrath them but it hurt when I did. No flakiness or burning though. They seem alright again today though.

I know it's only early but if your boobs are leaking at all yet breast milk is supposed to be fantastic for sore nipples. Other than that, what about creams designed for people who are breastfeeding?

I would see the doctor though because for it to be so severe just doesn't seem normal :think:

Ouch! I had the same thing, until my mate bought me some baby balm from Neal's Yard, basically its mainly vegetable oil which just relieves the soreness. I have the additional messiness of having a peirced nippled but have still found the baby balm has really helped.

Hope they feel better soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back