Buddy Hell....what a change!!

LaineyG

Reaction score
Well ladies!

I went for an appointment at my maternity hospital yesterday, and I think I caused a riot!

It was meant to be just a medical appointment to discuss how my asthma was going. I usually am in for 10 mins, no baby checks, just a quick "How's your breathing?".

So, in I go to the docs, and she says "Has anyone discussed delivery with you?"

I said "Well, I'd actually like a bit of clarification on that if you don't mind. I've been told so many conflicting things that I'm a bit confused!"

I've been told -

1. Natural will be fine, we'll just let you go.
2. Natural?!?!?! I don't think so!
3. Yeah, we'll let you go naturally, but we can't induce you as the drugs will be bad for your asthma.
4. We'll not let you go full term as it's too much pressure on your diaphragm.

So, as you can see, if I can't go full term, but can't be induced, and I don't go spontaneously into labour, how the hell am I to go naturally?!?! :wall: :wall: :wall:

The Doc was horrified that no one had given me a proper answer, so she asked if I would wait to see one of the OB Profs.

In I go to see the Prof, "Ok Elaine, this is what we're going to do"

"You are going to be moved from Dr Sprowat's care, into mine as I don't think you've been monitored properly. If you do go into spontaneous labour then that's fine, we'll bring you in straight away and alert the anaesthetists to give you an epidural. I'm afraid we'd prefer you had an epidural quite early, so that you aren't getting tired or working too hard. If you get to 38 weeks without any problem, and no sign of labour then we'll arrange for a section, as I am not prepared to use prostaglandin on you in case of an adverse reaction. Up until then, I want you closely monitored, and if your lung capacity becomes too impaired then we'll section you."

I feel as if I've got someone in my old OB's clinic into trouble!

So, then I see the midwife, who is lovely. She has a feel of baby, head down and kicking! Then she tests my urine, which shows sugar!! I'm used to protein in my urine (had a trace of protein in my urine all my life, just one of those things!)...but sugar!?!?!? :shock:

I had a GTT last week and it was all fine! So she told me not to worry about it. My mum is diabetic, so I can monitor my own blood sugar and urine at home. Did a blood sugar when I got home and it was totally normal, so it was probably just one of those things!

Sorry for ranting on, but I'm a bit in shock at how things have changed!

I'm now going every two weeks, and I do feel a bit better knowing what's going on! I've got an appointment with the anaesthetist who was in theatre yesterday and couldn't see me, to get checked out.

My only worry now is, do I hire a TENS or not!?!?!
:rotfl: :rotfl:

The words arse and elbow spring to mind :roll:

As for the TENS- I would say yes hire one, it does help with the early pains :D

Hey at least you have got the answers you wanted though even if your docs have messed you about a bit!

Fingers crossed hun you will meet baby sooner than you first thought :) x

I bet your glad yopu spoke to the doc now, sounds like you were not being cared for properly and its a relief to know that you will be now.

Dont worry bout your old OB, if he werent doing hisd job properly then thats his fault not yours or your babys

at least you have got some answers now hun and u know you are being regularly monitored which is great. i wud say yes hire a tens machine just incase you do go naturally as they are good for the first pains.

xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back