Bringing up a baby in prison....

council tax dodgers usually get a month at the most I would have thought. For 18 months for a female offender you would normally be looking at a violent crime, intent to supply class A drug or a high amount theft/ benefit fraud. Though there can be exceptions.

In terms of the babies in prison thing, I am all for it if as someone else has said, it helps the mum to realise that she has to make changes to her life for her baby. If you take soemones baby of them just because they are in prison they might well feel "whats the point".

It certainly isn't ideal, I would feel terrible if my baby had to spend the first few months in prison.

One very good thing about it is that these mothers are getting more support to care for their babies with on site professionals...these babies might be getting better care than if they were at home with thier mothers who were in very unstable relationships and/or home circumstances.

My 8yr old stepson visits his "mother" in prison every few weeks, its really hard for him, and actually has more of a negative affect than positive.

She is in prison for drug smuggling, she actually took my stepson with her to Jamaica and used him as the mule :twisted:

I know its not the same as a young baby in prison, personally I dont agree with the babies in prison thing. Saying that I think it depends on what they are in for and for how long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back