• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Brestfeeding help

MelissaLouise

Reaction score
Hello mummies

I just found that I am pregnant (baby no 2) and I wanted to ask this sooner rather than later

I only breastfed my daughter for two weeks as she was a hungry baby
but worried if that was because if me
Is there anything I can do to help breastfeeding my baby once born
I really want to breastfeed once my baby is born

thanks x

During the first few weeks babies cluster feed... I had one day where My lo was on me for about 8 hours. They have to do this to build up your supply. You just have to be prepared for the baby to want to eat a lot. It is very important to feed on demand. Good luck!

I agree with the above post, feeding on demand is essential!

It's tough especially with another child already ( i have two children with a small age gap and bf both of them) but it has to take priority for it to succeed!

Last edited:
There's plenty of us on here to support you through it :)

How long do you normally BF for? I mean when can baby start having mushy food?

How long do you normally BF for? I mean when can baby start having mushy food?

you can BF for as long as you like! Most mums aim for 6 months, or 1 year, and some BF into the toddler years!

It is recommended that you wean your baby at 6 months although some research says from 4 months is ok. I weaned both my children at 6 months.

Just a quick fact.
Most babies go through a massive growth spurt at 4 months during which they will be more demanding for milk. This is when most mums wean their babies as they feel their babies need something more to satisfy them Not many mums know that the growth spurt only lasts for about 1 1/2 weeks and then their babies will settle and be satisfied on milk still for another month or so. but what i will say is ALL babies are different and as a mum you will have an instinct as to when your baby is ready to be weaned... just make sure it is at a safe age to do so before you do!

Hope this helps...

It does thank you. So 6 months plus I'll go for :)

Just realised as I've never been around babies that I don't even know when they start crawling etc I'm soooooo new to all this baby and pregnancy lark :eek:

Never doubt your body. If baby is on you for hours, like others have said, it just means they are building your supply, not that they are very hungry baby or you don't have enough milk. Your body will always have enough. You can feed from 1 side alone and your body will be replenishing while LO is feeding, tthe rate of supply might diminish so baby gets frustrated if this was the case but there will always be milk.

Just trust your body!

Lansinoh cream! Its amazing stuff! its expensive but so worth it as it lasts ages, i put it on my nipples religiously after ever feed to start with and it really helped, only got a little sore for a couple of days and then it was fine :) and like everyone else says listen to your body and baby and feed on demand, dont worry too much about routine feeding, they do get themselves in to a pattern eventually. Im still feeding madam although she is getting some purees now too. xxx

Just wanted to say that just because yor baby starts eating 'proper' food, there's no reason to stop bf'ing. They will still need milk as it remains a very imprint part of their diet until they're at least 12 months old. The WHO recommends bf'ing until the age of 2 and beyond :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back