breathing problems

Spritzer

Reaction score
got an emergency appointment at the doctors for Niamh today as shes been breathing really funny today :?

she sort of squeeks (not a wind squeek) when shes breathing and looks like she cant breath for a second then breaths fine :? really horrible to watch :(

shes always done it a little bit i think but its happening much more often now :( hope its nothing serious :pray:

has anyone else had this?!?

I remember Galen making all kinds of noises in the early weeks when sleeping. And the irregular breathing is something babies do. I think they have 3 different types of breathing and it is often irregular with pauses.

Hopefully your GP will be able to explain better than I and then can see if she does have a problem or if she is simply doing the new baby thing. When I asked my HV about the breathing changes she said it was quite normal and observed LO for 15 minutes and was happy that all was well.

We did trip to a&e at 2.30am when Connie was about a week old as she was breathing funny, lookd short of breath. Got there and she was breathing fine. The next day she had a cold so she was just starting to get snotty. Glad we got her checked but was scary.

just back from dr... shes got croup poor wee thing :(

just looking it up on the net as i dont know much about it, but i seems steam is the best thing for it

Oh bless her little heart, give her a hug from me :hug: xx

got 4th emergency appointment this afternoon about it had a course of steriods etc but its getting worse instead of better :( really dont think its croup now tho.

talking bout admitting her back into hospital if we cant get it sorted.

oh thats awful, bless her. :hug: :hug:

I hope she gets well very soon. Hugs for you and Niamh :hug: :hug: :hug:

Spritzer said:
got 4th emergency appointment this afternoon about it had a course of steriods etc but its getting worse instead of better :( really dont think its croup now tho.

talking bout admitting her back into hospital if we cant get it sorted.

Could it be Stridor hun? Which is a sympton of croup. Dan has been admited to hopsital with this before. Let us know how you get on :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back