Breathing in smoke

SunnyGirl

Reaction score
My oven smokes uncontrollably at the mo (emailing landlord to get that replaced). I have just made dinner and breathed in SO much - is baby OK? Worried :(

if u can feel baby still moving bout then undoubtedly just be careful and let oh cook till its sorted missy , dont think it wud harm u but just incase :) xxx

Hey, I spent two evenings last week in the garden, burning wood in the incinerator (I'm not odd, we've just cut down our bushes and needed to get rid, lol), and ended up in the line of smoke a fair few times. I was worried so checked online, apparently its not fantastic for you but it should be fine in small doses. The carbon monoxide cuts down the oxygen in your bloodstream, like cigarettes. Your blood-oxygen levels go back to normal after 40 minutes, so just try to avoid it as much as possible. I would advise you either get OH to prepare dinner while the oven is smoking, or at least open the windows and make it well ventilated. Also, phone your landlord at explain that because your pregnant, him not fixing the oven is putting your unborn baby at risk, and you could actually take him to court for tenancy negligence.

Thanks ladies - I've just drafted an email to the landlords. They're ace and send people out straight away every single time there's something wrong. Hopefully, baby is blissfully unaware! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back