Breastfeeding type booby bottles question!!

sazzylou

Reaction score
Im desperate to breast feed this baby (couldnt breast feed with Beth :cry: ) But i also want to have a night out at some point.....and some sleep maybe, lol :sleep:

Was just wondering if it is possible to go between breast and bottle, and if so, which bottles to use? Are there some that resemble the breast more than others? If i can breast feed, i'll do it for say a month? (i dunno :think: ) and then maybe need OH to do a night feed if im really knackered, but i wont want to ruin my hard work by putting bubba on a bottle. Any advice would be grand! :D

ah, excellent. Cheers! :dance:

I so want to breast feed, but im sure after a few weeks i'll be desperate for the OH to do a feed :lol: Just would be nice if putting her on the bottle once or twice didnt mean the end of breast feeding :pray:

I have bought some tommee tippee closer to nature ones but I am planning on breastfeeding too.

i'm doing both and using avent naturally and dr brown. She has bottles at night and Bf in day and works really well :D

annem said:
i'm doing both and using avent naturally and dr brown. She has bottles at night and Bf in day and works really well :D

Ah nice to know you can do both. The thought of having to do every single feed while OH is snuggled up in bed makes me angry, lol :x

I'm breastfeeding and using bottles. I didn't have much success with breastfeeding alone as my baby is a terrible latcher and both she and I were at our wits end. I express during the day and use formula at night. I guess I'm lucky she's not fussy about where her food comes from! I use Avent bottles but have not tried any others I'm afraid.

sazzylou said:
annem said:

Ah nice to know you can do both. The thought of having to do every single feed while OH is snuggled up in bed makes me angry, lol :x

thats how i was feeling and i kept falling asleep whilst feeding. she s had no problem doing both xx

melissa wouldnt take bottles when she was tiny, then i didnt try again until she was nearly 6 months, and i used avent ones and they were fine.

I have used Avent and Tommee Tippee bottles and Ryan has been fine with them both! :D

Im breastfeeding but use the Tommy Tipee bottles for when i've expressed and OH feeds her, she's not got confused at all and is fine with breast & bottle :)

You shouldn't have any problems really as long as you mix them up equally between breast and bottle. I used to breast feed my son but give him formula at night and it worked perfectly, also helped him sleep through the night from an early age as the formula seemed to fill him up for a bit longer and keep him satisfied. However, one of my friends tried to do it with her daughter but was mixing up 50/50 during the day and night and I think she just got so confused with it all that she ended up on just formula. You gotta remember that babies feed much quicker from a bottle and can get a bit lazy, so when they have to do some sucking at the breast to get some milk, they can get frustrated and give up. But as long you are sensible about it, should be fine. Can't give much advice on bottles I'm afraid, I only ever used Avent or Tommee Tippee bottles but both were fine and had no problems. Good luck! x

I am going to use Dr Browns...on the advice of a friend...i have exclusively B.F all mine til weaning stage. 9mths-2yrs :shock:

She recommended them as i am going back to work/uni pretty much straight away for a couple of days a week. B.F babies tend not to get collic...so i intend to get The Dr Browns as they prevent this also....

Someone else who had problems getting their baby to take a bottle suggested Mams (the teats are really good)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maegan
Back