• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Breastfeeding tops question ...

Lindsay

Reaction score
I am starting to think about the arrival of LO :shock: SIL has got some breastfeeding tops from Blooming Marvellous which are great, I have tried to order some and they are out of stock. Does anyone know anywhere else were I could look or buy some good feeding tops?

Xxx

To be honest I'd say don't waste your money.

I found that I was 'exposing' a whole lot more of my boobs wearing these tops than when I wore a normal one.

Most breastfeeding tops button down from the top, so you end up flopping out an entire boob to feed your LO. If you wear a normal top, it's really easy to lift it up from the bottom so that your baby is covering your exposed tummy, but once LO is latched on, you can pull your top, right close to you nipple & there is hardly any flesh exposure at all.

Good luck. :D

I have strap tops that are like a bra at the top. You poke your nipple through the whole when you unclip the front. I got mine from Mothercare. I love them. No need for a bra then.

Thankyou for all your advice!! I didn't bother buying any proper tops as such with my son when I was feeding him and I wasn't a very confident feeder in public - if I was out and about I more often than not go back to the car!! But seeing my SIL feeding her son wearing the proper tops makes it look so much easier and you can't see anything so I am going to buy a couple of tops and see how I get on!

I will have a look in Mothercare this week when I pop into town. I have been on the internet this morning browsing sites and have seen a couple that I like, I have ordered one!!

Xxx

Just to let you know that I would recommend Bella Mamma for nursing tops. I have ordered 4 now and they are all really good quality and not too expensive. I just hope that they fit me as it's hard to know what I will need boobie size!!

Xxx

I didn't really like any breastfeeding tops and didn't go for anything special for my first 2 babies. When my 3rd was born, I carried on wearing my bump bands under my normal tops for the first couple of months which meant that I was able to waer normal tops (maternity ones still for first couple weeks lol) but didn't expose any wobbly tummy when I lifted, front or back! I'll def be doing the same for baby number 4. Once feeding established you will prob manage to be subtle enough not to need anything special - I just stopped feeding my youngest at just over 10 months. Good luck!

Ive bought a couple from H&M (i know im far too organised!) They were only £9.99 each and you dont have to expose your whole boob. You literally just pop your nipple through the hole at the front.. Great invention!

Claire x

p,s just realised that sounds like a peep hole bra.. if you go in there you will see what i mean!

Word of warning on the H&M ones - I got a few of those, and wore one when my milk production wasn't stabilised, so I had ENORMOUS boobs that were really engorged.

I got all set up ready to feed and poked my boob through - unfortunately, though, my boobs had grown to such a size that the "hole" put a lot of pressure around my nipple area, and I ended up squirting Sprog in the face. Lots. He cried, and I laughed...and then cried.

Bloody hormones.

http://www.rootitooti.co.uk/
I breastfed for a year and tried many different tops, the vest and mock wrap top combo from Rooti Tooti was by far my favourite, really comfy and stretchy, no fiddling at all to get my boobs out. In fact I found it so comfortable i still wear it now, it's been washed to death but hasn't lost shape or colour. If I had found the site sooner I would have bought more.

Lucy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back