• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Breast pain after ovulation

Tick-Tock

Reaction score
I have been getting breast pain/swelling two weeks before AF arrives, almost exactly, and I assumed that meant that I had a 14 day luteal cycle. Can anyone tell me how breast pain/swelling relates to their ovulation dates? Does anyone get it before they ovulate? Or how many days after ovulation does it appear?

Thanks, sorry if I'm being too intrusive I've only had 5 (fairly irregular) cycles since I stopped BC (after 15years) so i'm trying to suss my body out (and try to work out when I may have ovulated and can therefore test!)

Hi tick-tock!

My breasts start to hurt about 5-7 days post ovulation. That can vary too but never happens before ovulation. I never rely on that to count my LP though.

And remember that everyone's different, some people get AF symptoms (breast pain included) 10 days before it's due, some get them only 2 days before it's due...

If I were you, I'd try using OPKs and maybe charting too. That will give you an idea of your ov day and your lp, plus you'll know when you're late so that you can test :)

Good luck!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back