Braxton Hix?

charliebeth

Reaction score
What does it feel like?

Last night - well, early this morning - when I woke up for the loo I was brought almost to my knees by the most horrendous pain just behind my belly-button, which then spread across the rest of my belly. Just under the skin. Three times I tried to stand back up before I finally could and then I was fine. Wiggle is shuffling round as normal this morning, and I am left wondering if this was a Braxton Hix, or just a nasty, funny feeling cramp.

It really hurt... :cry:

As far as I know, Braxton Hicks generally shouldn't hurt. Perhaps it was the baby moving or you moved too quickly?

Is it ok now?

aww sounds painfull :(
ive only just started getting b.h and they dont hurt just feel funny like really tight,
i did just have a bad pain where ive been getting them though am hoping its the baby just getting comfy for the day :)
manda xx

After speaking with one of the midwives the other night she said despite what the books say braxton hicks can be painful. They should feel like a tightening and your bump should do all hard.

Mine have always been uncomfortable/painful

I thought that when my bump went hard all over.. it was just the baby moving to the front of me... and pushing out, hence the tighening... and the pressure??
Are these Braxton Hix then? :)

they are indeed - baby's movements can trigger them to. Tip to ease them if they are uncomfortable is not to rub your tum and it makes them worse!

Sorry to hear you were in pain. :hug: I don't know enough about BH to know if they should be as painful. I get them but they are actually quite nice, I feel the same sensation that I get during orgasm :oops: :oops: :oops: (only in my uterus, not all the tingly stuff the goes on elsewhere!!! :rotfl: )

Sometimes I do get a shooting, pulling pain in my tummy, but it usually happens if I have stood up to quickly. It can take my breath away.

mine dont hurt exactly as in pain...but they are very uncomfortable my stomach goes SO hard and solid-heavy its not nice at all

i often have problems straightening up quickly aswell

I expect like the others said you just tried to stand too quickly with a tight belly

Well, midwife has no idea what it was, but says so long as I'm ok now, the baby is ok and it doesn't happen again... not to worry about it.

Guess I'll never know :|

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back