Blocked nose /hayfever any solutions?

goldie

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Im new to this forum so not really sure how one shud go about
Im in my 13th week now and suffering badly from blocked nose.I cant sleep more than 2 hours at one go and all this is really frustrating ,. My GP suggested "salbutamol inhaler" but Im not really sure that it will ease my blocked nose as it is a bronchodilator which means it helps in a wheezing cough and tight chests.He said its because of hayfever but dont know why he gave me ann oral inhaler instead of a nasal one.

Normally I used to take anithisamines but now in pregnancy Im not really sure as I am not getting any clear answers from any where.I have done all other things like steam inhalation etc but the nose remains blocked and I am totally sleep deprived!! :sleep:
Am I the only one?
How long do I have to suffer!!!

Having a stuffy nose is quite normal in pregnancy I'm afraid hun!!!

Do you normally suffer from hayfever?

I had a stuffy nose for about a month and then it went away, but if youre a hay fever sufferer anyway, it might have made your symptoms worse. Can you not try the chemist and ask what they recommend if you're not getting much joy from the doctors?

Hope you feel better soon. The OH has gone to work today without taking a hayfever tablet so i expect he'll be paying for it later!!!

xxx

at nighttime try Breathe Right nasal strips. You can buy them from most chemists and you just stick them to your nose and they open up your nostrils really well. They definitely helped for me and the bonus is they're non-medicinal!

K.x

Thanks
I guess I'll try the nasal strips for starters!!

Just been to GP about this and he told me that hayfever "was not going to kill me" and that there is basically nothing he can give me. Although, he prescribed some slat water nasal drops that will merely "flush out my nose" :wall:

Gonna try the vaseline and nasal strip method tonight and see how I get on - its really bad today!

So nice to hear i'm not the only one suffering.
Hayfever is driving me nuts :x
I can't believe that there's nothing I'm allowed to take I might give the nose strips a try though xx

I have spoken to my midwife, GP and obs Consultant and they have all told me that, although I cannot take my usual zirtec tablets for my hayfever, I CAN take my beconaze nasal spray. So, going to pick some up tomorrow :D

I've been told I can take Beconaze, Opticrom eye drops and Piriton. This is also what i did during my last 2 pregnancies.

Alfie

hi hun im afraid i had this to and nothing worked. it lasted for about 6 weks and touch wood i have been able to breathe thru my nose for about 3 weeks now. i hope it goes soon and you can get some sleep.

xxxxxx

ive just asked this question in 1st trimester!
I want to know what i can take too.
Ive tried local honey beofrea as that immunises you from the local pollen in the area. pick it up from garden nurseries or somewhere. I find it helps althought i have to buy some :lol:
I have it on my toast in the morning :D

:hug: its horrible isnt it. I got it so bad that it made me sick with the congestion. have been snorting vic stick but am worried now if I shouldnt have. :shock:

{I know salbutamol , my mother uses it for asthma....really dont know why the doc gave it ...i dont trust them anymore}

{I know salbutamol , my mother uses it for asthma....really dont know why the doc gave it ...i dont trust them anymore}

I tried OLBAS oil last week which helped a bit.Also this saturday I slept the whole day (my husband was out and i switched the phones off).I guess sleeping def. helped me get better .I cud feel i was refreshed and one of the nostrils was open (thank god)...I was feeling much much better on sunday till i had to go out for some shopping!!!!!
well sunday night I could not sleep at all !!it came back.

So again yesterday I resorted to sleep therapy and it seems to work.Today I got up at 10 am and def feel better. wont say that I dont have a runny nose but its open atleast and i can breathe!

Now Iam going to buy the STERIMAR spray mentioned and lets see how that goes!!!
I wud def reccomend plenty of rest n sleeping if you can afford it. :sleep:

I am going for acupuncture on Thursday to see if that might help my hayfever, I'll let you know if it helps

Alfie
xx

OK, I am a little worried now. I have had really bad hayfever, I went to my Drs and he perscribed me Loratadine tablets.
He said they were fine to take even though I was pregnant.
It says on the leaflet that it is part of the antihistamine family.
Any ideas if they are safe to take??? :?

dotty100 said:
OK, I am a little worried now. I have had really bad hayfever, I went to my Drs and he perscribed me Loratadine tablets.
He said they were fine to take even though I was pregnant.
It says on the leaflet that it is part of the antihistamine family.
Any ideas if they are safe to take??? :?

Loratadine is one of the newer antihistamines where there isn't enough clinical trials conducted to say whether it is safe or not during pregnancy. However, some doctors have prescribed this before to pregnant women and not seen any ill effects, so they are happy to continue to prescribe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back