• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bleeding - advice needed

lora-p

Reaction score
Hi, Im 12 + 4 and after sex had a small amount of spotting (brownish in colour) sorry if tmi, has any one else had this and is it normal?

thanks

It can be, so try not to worry. Sometimes sex can irriate the cervix or if there is a bit of old blood inside, it can just cause it to come out (has happened to me before and MW said not to worry).

I'd just keep an eye and if no more bleeding occurs, then :)

If you get fresh blood and pains then contact your MW or GP and go see them. Put a pad on so MW can see how much blood you have lost/are losing if this happens.

this is normal as long as its not heavy bleeding or you have pain, if you look back at previous posts you will see quite a few have worried about this, it wouldnt do any harm to contact your midwife, she might tell you to stop sex just now.

Thanks, i thought i was worring about nothing, i am not bleeding enought to stain just wen i wipe going to toilet, I have my scan on thursday so ill mention it them,

thanks again

If it is brown it generally means it is old, so it could possibly have been there since the implantation, which does cause a little bit of bleeding in most women. :) Hope you're okay!

Hope everything goes OK at the scan.

I had spotting and red bleeding through out the first tri with my son. At 9 weeks and at 13.5 weeks I had red bleeds and all was OK.

Intercourse is the most likely cause if it's just started after that. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back