blackout blinds

neeko_1

Reaction score
Meezie made a point about black out blinds....

this will work for me so much as my bedroom is right at of the front of my flat, and gets way to much light.

now i heard you can get them from john Lewis... but how much and is there any where else..

argos sell them. prob the cheapest place.

i have them in the kids room - they are great for the summer - but you wont half struggle to get up in the morning!!!!

We got the black out curtain liners (and curtains) from Mamas & Papas as the house has the same blinds throughout. You can buy black out blinds etc from various places, depending on how much you want to spend. Hillaries do lovely ones but are the top of the price bracket, I suppose somewhere like Argos or other catalogue places (Kays, Littlewooods etc) might also do them. Mothercare sell them and thus I presume other baby shops do too. Depends how much you want to spend on them really.

ah yes i've seen them, thank you very much, i just hope it helps :pray:

Little woods Direct is a complete bargain for curtains and blinds etc.... we got curtains with black out liners for the nursery for less than £50!

We got ours from Argos but Ikea do really nice ones too!

are they a choice or a necessity? i quite like the bright mornings its easier for me to get up (and i'll be doing a lot of getting up soon lol)

Weve had blackout blinds in our bedroom for years, I think it was about £20 (big window) from Homebase.

trixipaws said:
are they a choice or a necessity? i quite like the bright mornings its easier for me to get up (and i'll be doing a lot of getting up soon lol)

Completely optional, you don't have to have them at all...we don't have them in any of the other bedrooms just the nursery to help baby sleep at night, especially in the lighter summer evenings/mornings etc.

yeh LO cot is right near the window.. no where else put it really and i just know the sun will wake her

yea we got one of those cause we are in a loft room in his parents bungalow so its ideal as the sun shines in. Trouble is with loft room next door cat visits us lol and the damn pesky seagulls, but apart from that id reccommend the blinds :) Ours is navy blue works just as gd

Do they come in nursery type patterns? I will have to check out the Argos site :)

Sabrina said:
Do they come in nursery type patterns? I will have to check out the Argos site :)

I think places like Argos just do plain colours, blue, pink, cream etc but if you ordered from a made to measure place like Hillaries you can have exactly what you want. Again things like that are dictated by budget most of the time.

Nicola said:
Sabrina said:

I think places like Argos just do plain colours, blue, pink, cream etc but if you ordered from a made to measure place like Hillaries you can have exactly what you want. Again things like that are dictated by budget most of the time.

Thanks Nicola. After reading about them here I went to the Argos site and saw one perfect for the nursery in a plain stone colour. Unfortunately though they are all out of stock so I'll keep checking over the next few weeks. It was only £15.

£15 is a bargain....we have a neutral blind too!!

Hi

Hope it works for you hun i have blankets over mine and Kiaras window helps her sleep longer!
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back