• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BF'ing happy hormones...

floppit

Reaction score
I swear I can actually feel the effects of the happy hormones after I've given Freya a solid long feed. They help me get by on less sleep, reduce the stress I feel, and I'm sure they've had alot to do with how much I've enjoyed having a newborn.

The flipside has been that if she's fed a little less sometimes I wonder if losing the happy hormones makes me more upset about it? It could be just usual 'mum' worry but apart from feeding I'd say I probably worry too little rather than too much (if our dog gives her a hoooge smoochy I don't panic, more likely I think TG he likes her!).

Do other people 'feel' the difference of the happy hormones? What difference do you think it makes to life? Did you notice them drop when you weaned or if LO had a fussy stage?

I stopped feeding just under 2 weeks ago after a year. I really miss that warm and happy buzz i used to get and I swear i'm not sleeping as deeply as I used to. Ricky doesn't seem to miss his feeds, so that helps with the guilt, I thought if I didn't stop feeding now i'd end up having to tandem feed and that seemed a little scary to me. It must be mother nature's way of ensuring mum's continue to feed and calm them down, very clever! I found if I was feeding in public, or around embarassed relatives I never got the happy buzz, only usually when I was all on my own feeding him in peace. Reading your post has brought back memories, so it was a nice way of helping me look forward to doing it all again in a few months.....

I agree with you on the hormones totally.
Calleigh is having a fussy few days where she isnt feeding as much as usual and i am feeling quite emotional. Silly things are getting to me :( Each time she has gone through a fussy stage where she doesnt feed as much i definatley feel the difference.
But hopefully she will pick up soon :pray:

Shhhhhhhhh :( I love my happy hormones... They make me feel great... Its one of the reasons I plan on feeding right up till I next get knocked up.. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back