BF Musings

unfortunatley i have to stop when i go back to work in november because it's not ideal to run out of the kitchen every few hours to express, i'm planning on getting to 6 months and then slowly wean him off, problem is harrys not keen on formula so i dont know whether or not he'll take it? have been using cow and gate

It's a personal decision so no right or wrong, but i feel like a different person since going to combi feeding. Wanted to bf for 6 months and pretty much got there and thought i'd give up completely but when it came to it I felt happy to carry on with it in combination with ff as he only wants one feed at night and I can chose what bf I want to do in the day. Like i say, no right or wrong, but this is working well for me personally and I think LO has taken to it well coz it happened gradually and he still gets some booby time a bit longer! Lol! X

the best bits are times like yesterday when i came home from college, my mum looks after alyssa and shed had her bottles like normal and when i picked her up she nuzzled into me and wanted to bf and then fell asleep in my arms really contented, i get gummy smiles round my nipple in the morning, dont have to make up a bottle straight away, never have to listen to her screaming hungry cos i can bf her while i wait for kettle to boil or bottle to cool down and if were out and about and im caught short i can bf her but i can have time away and daddy can feed her too. i wont have to introduce formula as a new thing when shes older and fussier and i know she takes a bottle well lol. i try to bf most feeds and just top up but knowing that if i need to i can skip a feed and just give her a bottle is bliss. she has 3 or 4 bottles a day maximum and it works brilliantly for me. i felt bad at first when i had to start giving her formula, then worse when she got lazy and cba sucking the milk out unless i was engorged but its all settled down now into a nice routine of morning bf, bottle at 11 and 2, bf about 4 bottle at 6 ish and bf round 8 then bottle if necessary to get her to sleep for 9
Yep, it definitely gives that flexibility!......Love the gummy smiles and giggles when im feeding him!- oh so cute!Really think it helped OH too to do feeds and b more involved coz he doesn't get to c Ethan much in the week! Xx

Im feeling sad that K is starting to reduce his feeds too. In one way it will be nice to get my freedom back but this part of child raising is over so quickly Im enjoying it while it lasts. Oh and loving the constant eating what I like, i haven't had chocolate every day since i was a skinny teenager!

Are you telling me there is light at the end of this tunnel?

He's def dropped a couple of daytime feeds, still a greedy boy at nighttime though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back