Benefits

Charlotte & Emily

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about benefits?
All i get is child benefit and money off my ex for emily.
I live a home still so this is why i think i cant get anything else, am i right?
I appreciate any help :D

If you are on limited income you should definitely be getting child tax credit aswell as child benefit, and you should be getting milk/fruit&veg tokens aswell.

Xena said:
If you are on limited income you should definitely be getting child tax credit aswell as child benefit, and you should be getting milk/fruit&veg tokens aswell.

i thought this but then thought i couldnt because i live at home and my parents both work full time

i cant ring anyone until tuesday to ask them either

Do you work?

You should be able to get child tax credit, it dosent matter how many hours your parents work or what they earn.

I lived at home for the 1st month or so and my mum works full time and I got it :)

You should be able to get child tax credit then and possibly income support :think: not sure about the income support though.

Go to www.entitledto.co.uk

They have a benefits calculator. You should be getting about £130 a week minus any maintenence paid to you (Bar £10)

for me to get my child tax credits my dad had to stop my sisters as we were living under the same roof

When Harrison was first born and we were living at home with my parents, we weren't able to claim child tax credits because we were living there but once we moved out then it was ok

thanks for the advice everyone :hug:

I'll ask my job centre on tuesday but hopefully i'll be moving out soon :D

hi hun, i think you should be entitled to income support unless they ahe changed it, when i first had my daughter i was living in my own house and i got income support but my mate who lived with her parents got exactly the same amount and she wasnt running a house so i think if they havent changed it you should be entitled to income support. go see them tho hun there is no harm in asking!! xxxxxxx

you should deffo get something its reduced because u live with your parents but they are not expected to pay for everything i used to live with my mum and still got icome support and other bens

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back