Benefits/Child Credits etc.

KirstyD

Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone have a link or list of all the varying benefits relating to having children that i might possibly get? Sorry i could do some searching ont he net but feeling lazy and i know someone is bound to have some sort of quick link to a summary!

I'm thinking i'm not going to be eligible for anything that is means tested as my salary and OH's salary are good. Is there anything you definitely get whatever your circumstances?

Thank you xxx

That website is definitely the best (although can be confusing if you are trying to do future planning with a baby on the way!)

Everyone is entitled to child benefit. Child tax credits are means tested and as such the cut off poiints fall as below:

The basic ‘family’ element of the Child Tax Credit is payable until income exceeds a threshold of £50,000 p.a. of annual income at which point it is tapered away at the rate of £1 for every £15 of further income. This gives a cut off point of £58,175.

The basic Child Tax Credit payable in the year a child is born is also paid in full until income exceeds a threshold of £50,000 p.a. The effect of the taper at the rate of £1 for every £15 of further income gives a cut off point of £66,350.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back