Belly casting

minxie

Reaction score
Hi there

Not sure if this topic has already been discussed in the forums...

I have just been watching The Baby Channel on Sky TV and I saw a great programme....thought I would tell you about it.

A lady has set up her own business dong belly casts of mums with their bumps, so they have a lovely souvenir of their pregnancy. I am still at the tcc stage, but its something I'd definitely want to do in future.

The website is http://www.everlastingcastings.co.uk/bellycasting.html if you want more information.

They can send you a pack so you can do the cast yourself (with the help of a partner, relative or friend) and you can decorate it. Or you can go to London for a session where they will do it for you.

It doesn't look too expensive either.

I think it will make a nice 'bonding' experience with my OH down the track...

What do you think?

I've always liked the idea of these but I wouldn't know where to keep it.

I dont think I would want it on show for everyone to see when they come into my house cos its like a personal thing.

I made one. Its hanging on the wall of Thea's nursery.

43400104_large.jpg

I wouldnt really know where to put one, but they're a really good idea. The bronze one of that website looks so nice! Way too expensive tho, £800 :shock:

i done one to i havent painted it yet though i love it, i would defo recommend doing one it a good crack

I've done a belly cast and it's in the baby's room at the moment until we get a glass cabinet for it

i really waned to do one at 38 weeks lol but i never made it

Hi ladies!
Tam here from Everlasting Castings. I thought as you were all talking about me I might as well contribute. What a great forum. I wish I'd known about it when I was pregnant with my Liberty (now 2yrs).
As far as where your belly cast would go - well most people hang them above the cot in the nursery or in the parent's bedroom. I agree it's quite a personal thing so you wouldn't want it in your living room necessarily.
I've made a few into lights or glass fruit bowls and they always make a great talking point. I still look back at mine in wonder that I could get that big! But I'm really pleased to have the momento.

I'm thinking of putting mine in a glass cabinet in the living room as i'm very proud of it and think it was a very special time in my life so want to show it off. Would be a bit dubious about hanging it above the cot and have no room in our room anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back