Belly Bars and scans

girlygirl

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you have to take your belly bar out for your 1st scan?
I only got mine done over a year ago and has only just healed luckily, but when i take it out for over a minute its really hard to get it in again. Although i havent tried again for a few months.

Will i have to take it out? or should i get a plasic one to put in b4 i go do you think?

Help would be apreaciated. thanks!

i never took mine out not even for my second scan..
up to you you could get a plastic one, but it never botheres the people when i had mine done.

oh cool thanks, was dreading putting back in again!

no you dont for your scans. mine did get in the way a bit on the 20 week scan but i wasnt asked to remove it. i hvae had to buy the plastic stretch ones now but got a bargain off ebay 3 for a fiver. didnt want it to heal up as first bellybutton piercing did with dd.

xxxxx

I read somewhere that metal belly bars are not dafe for pregnancy for some reason (dunno why!) and that the plastic ones are a lot safer!

I bought a plastic one as they bend better when your belly grows.
But had my scan yesterday and decided to take it out, so now I have decided that i am going to leave it out!!!!
xx

you can keep metal or gold ones in there is no risk, the only problem you could have is your body havin a reactin to the gold or metal as it trys to protect you from the foreign object. mine was fine for first trimester but then got really red and inflammed (sp) as soon as i swapped for a maternity bar the redness and soreness went away.

xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back