bedtime routines

lealea85

Reaction score
ive tried everything i can think of n my son still wont sleep before 10pm.
I need a lil me time. By the time he goes down im too tired to do anything.

Any advise or tips?

He sleeps in my bed as my house isnt decorated n his room isnt ready. His cot is too small n i cannot afford a cot bed as of yet.

Help

Hi :wave:
ur pic of u and ur baby is soooo cute!
Does he have a late sleep in the afternoon? Or to much sleep during the day? I wld just suggest that u get him into a bedtime routine and stick to it, so a nice bath, calming down time with a story and then maybe to start with just stay with him a few mins, then leave the room. If he cries, leave him to for 5mins, then go in settle him and leave the room, if he cries again leave him for 5 mins again then go settle him and leave room. I think u will be in and out for quite few times !! But eventually he shld get message, u have to be strong and firm!!
I strongely believe in persevering with children, so just cos it dont work first time, dont give up!!! Soon he will be :nap:
Good luck xxx :)

How's about setting a strong bedtime routine before his current bedtime .... say start at 9pm with bath, book, bottle and aim to get him in bed for 10pm. Do the same every day for a week, then gradually bring things forward e.g. 15 mins every 3 days. After 2 weeks you'll have gained an hour! You could even aim for quicker progress than that if it seems to work well.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back