Bedtime rituals... For US not LO

NinjaKitty

Reaction score
LO is still in with us and he goes down to sleep at 7pm. When I go to bed I always go to him, rest my hand gently on his chest so I can feel the rise and fall of his breathing, then I gently hold his little hand and lastly touch his cheek as I wish him goodnight. I do this purely for me because it's all I can do not to pick him up for a big smushy cuddle. Anyone else have a nightly ritual?

i put lo down when i go to bed so not got a ritual per say but i always lie there reading for a bit and listening to her breathe / snuffle round if she disturbs or the little snores if she stays asleep lol

Yes, LO comes to bed with my and I say a little prayer that she sleeps after I put her down lol.

We can sometimes go up to 5 times resettling before she's out :(

Yes! Mine is a bit weird! I put E to bed around half 7/8 and I have to go up and check on her before I eat my tea, then again at around 10 to take her muslin from off her. Then when I go to bed I have to stand and watch the monitor flash 3 times, then I listen for her breathing and whisper night night baby see you in the morning to her! I've said the same thing every night from day 1 and I'll say it until she leaves home haha!!

We read a story and he has his bottle in the armchair in his room. By then he's usually just dozing off. I always say 'Night night Bubba, I love you' and give him a kiss before I lay him in his cot. Then as I lay him down I say 'sweet dreams'. After that we don't check on him until our bed time (the monitor is downstairs with us) when we go in and have a little look at him before going to bed. We also have a video monitor so I can see him if I wake in the night. We initially bought the monitor because he never cries when he wakes and a normal monitor wasn't picking up his movements in the early days. Now we just use the video monitor because we like seeing him sleeping :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back