Bagged salads?

Yogabird

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have a pregnancy recipe book which says to avoid bagged salads as they may contain listeria bacteria. I'm wondering if they will be ok to eat if i wash them? Also in the same book they use spinach which comes in bags but say its ok... What do you think? :cheer:

:? never heard that before. I wouldn't get to consumed in everything you read tbh, you could pick up another book & it would say something different, just go on your instinct. As long as things are washed/clean etc you will be fine.

I ate bagged salad when i was pregnant, they also say avoid microwave meals as they contain Listeria Bacteria too but i still ate them. Eventually there will be naff all a pregnant women can eat :roll:

I eat bagged salad but wash it before i use it.

Princess_Puddles said:
I ate bagged salad when i was pregnant, they also say avoid microwave meals as they contain Listeria Bacteria too but i still ate them. Eventually there will be naff all a pregnant women can eat :roll:

Exactly :clap: 'They' are always saying things are bad for you (pregnant or not) then a little while later they say 'Oh no, its ok, you can eat that coz its now good for you' :?

I think the bagged salad and spinich is an american thing as i read about it on another forum i used to go on.

I have been eating bagged salads and microwave meals so far, please dont give me something else to stop eating.

We'll all starve at this rate.

Ok great thanks girls, I'll just carry on and wash it. Yummy, I love salads! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

oh ffs not another thing

dont forget never step out of that white padded room..you may die :roll:

i had them wen i was pregnant but we always wash it even if it is prewashed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic