Back to back labour?

becks20

Reaction score
Anyone given birth with a baby thats back to back? Was it hard? and what did you do to cope? or did baby turn during labour? x

NOt had experience of this hun, sorry xxx

Not me sorry but I have heard its a teeny bit more painful :)

Both my labours were back to back. So I'm not sure if it's any more painful. It didn't stop me progressing though as they were both short labours! I didn't find them extremely painfull either. But I have a high pain threshold and not sure if they were the right way round it wouldve been less painfull. Sorry couldn't have been more help!

My MW is a total witch and told me that if my baby stayed back to back i'd have a really long and painful labour. I honestly don't know how she got the job, the wench! Baby must've heard her as that's when he/she went breech instead! lol!

I think he/she is back to back again though - i'm not too worried as I can feel him/her switch sides loads! lol! They say that if you sit legs apart and lean forwards that's meant to help keep them in the correct position. Or if you go into labour the MW's should get you in some good positions to help baby turn a little :) x

I thought my little man was turning from 1 side to the other but hes not hes back to back lol midwife told me to labour leaning over something but i read online that you should only lean when you get contractions so im a little confused. iv also read back to back labours are longer? ut clearly not :) x

Hiya,

My baby was back to back and turned during labour. I think i was in established labour for about 15 hours (although im just guessing) and it definately wasnt as painful as i was expected.

My friend's baby was delivered back to back with forceps, and she said it wasnt that bad either, and her labour was probably shorter than mine.

Try not to worry xxx

Ava was back to back and i coped well i think. I just used my TENS machine as pain relief which helped so much!! I did try the gas + air but 3 puffs and it made me sick but the pain wasn't totally unbearable to be honest. :roll:
I was in establlished labour for 3hours 30minutes.
I was also told babys who were back to back were harder to push out and the pain was sooo much worse. I have nothing to compare the pain to as Ava is my first baby but everyone copes with pain in different ways as we feel it differently i guess. :eh:

Oscar was back to back and it was a really different pain. I think it was more painful just as he was coming out but less so as I was dilating so swings and roundabouts lol.... and i felt it all in my bum really bad.

It didn't make labour any slower though which I'd heard was common x

connor was back to back my entire labour and never turned :( all contractions were in my back, extrememly painful and never felt anything in my belly. the tens machine did nothing but gas and air did wonders!

i was in labour for 3 days and he would have been all bruised because of being back to back but as my waters never broke that gave him more protection and he never had a mark on him :) because the labour was so long i hemoraged at the end and lost 5 pints of blood :(

Emily was back to back but I managed to move her at the very end of my labour by just leaning over the bed. I didnt find it too painful but think I had quite an easy time of it. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back