• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Back from 20w scan!

i.love

Reaction score
Right, here I am :) The scan went perfect - the baby is growing nicely, and is average size (so my dates are satying spot on). Was lovely to see my bubba, but everything was over very quickly.

Some of you girls probably saw my post in another thread - yesterday evening me and my husband had another look on our 12w scan picture and decided to test out the nub theory. I'm not an expert, but we thought the pic looks very much like a girl! Plus both of us suddenly decided that we feel it's going to be a girl. We even pretty much decided on a name (Nadia Freya).

Well, guess what? IT'S A BOY!! :lol: :shock: :shock:

I'm very pleased - will be lovely to have a mini version of my husband!! But I know he wanted a girl - he would spoil her rotten and she would be her daddy's girl. I'm a bit sorry for him. Well he's not that upset, he's happy to have a boy as well of course.

Anyway, the theory and instincts did not work for us at all! I'm just very happy that we did decide to find out the sex, otherwise we would definitely get too used to the idea of having a girl.

And now we'll need to think of boy's names! Bye bye 'Nadia Freya' :)

So here are our pics:

DSCN6898.jpg

And this is our lil bubba giving us high five!!

DSCN6899.jpg

Sorry it took me so long to write an update. Funny - I got very emotional after the scan and ended up having a huge cry in a Sainsbury's car park :shock: I just suddenly felt that my husband is not excited enough about the scan, that he doesn't care as much as he used to, that he doesn't feel about me the same way he did... Just got really upset. Needed to get home, have a long shower and then a sleep to pull myself together. Very silly, I know - my husband is ever so supportive and is always there for me. I guess that's all stupid hormones. I actually was very lucky so far - only cried once during the pregnancy, and for a good reason. Well I guess this was my turn to have a funny hormonal day!

Anyway :) Sorry for a long post! Very happy for all the other girls who enjoyed their scans today! xx

Hormonal day for me too, Not good!
Glad your scan went well and congratulations on baby boy! :clap:
Lovely pictures :) xxx

Thanks! Did you also have a cry without a reason? I was such a mess...

Yes :(
I just slowly got annoyed over the tiniest things whilst me and OH were out :(
I came home and just let it all out! Definitely a hormone day for me. xxx

Hey i.love! Congrats!! A boy like us- yay!! I burst into tears afterwards too hun......it's such a build up of emotion and relief knowing it was ok!.......My OH wanted a girl too but seems happy enough with a boy.......I think they just need time to adjust and get used to it......it's harder to them to feel connected to it I think. Give him a bit of time.....I'm sure it'll be fine! *Big hug*

Glad everything went well hunny and congratulations on team blue :)
You are bound to be emotional hunny, its been a very big day for you. Lovely pics and how cute is the high five :D
Your not alone crying for no reason ive done it many of times in all my pregnancies, OH just laughs at me now and i end up laughing with him - dam hormones x x

Congrats on team blue, so glad it went well :love: beautiful piccies :) xx

mum2b410 thanx :) maybe that's a normal reaction. Funny - I wasn't crying about the scan. Just about me and my husband. I'm sure you're right - they can't feel as excited as we are, and it must be normal. Thank you for your support xx

What a cutie! Congrats on the good scan. I cry at the drop of a hat lately, which is very unlike me. In fact, one of the ways I knew I was pregnant was because I cried when OH went to watch a football game instead of wanting to go on a bike ride with me! So you're not alone with crying for nothing. One of my favourite side effects is that now everytime I cry I also vomit! Pleasant ;)

M2A thanks... This is so silly, I know. Everything feels so much better now. But we didn't buy any groceries in the end - I couldn't go shopping in such a state! Rubbish - have nothing to eat now :D

M2A thanks... This is so silly, I know. Everything feels so much better now. But we didn't buy any groceries in the end - I couldn't go shopping in such a state! Rubbish - have nothing to eat now :D

Take away :D x x

What a cutie! Congrats on the good scan. I cry at the drop of a hat lately, which is very unlike me. In fact, one of the ways I knew I was pregnant was because I cried when OH went to watch a football game instead of wanting to go on a bike ride with me! So you're not alone with crying for nothing. One of my favourite side effects is that now everytime I cry I also vomit! Pleasant ;)

lol well I guess I'm lucky then - I only cried for ages and made a mess of myself. Mascara and foundation streaming down my cheeks - lovely! I'm sure my husband was charmed :)

Ah congrats on team blue, glad it all went well, interesting about nub theory! Hormones eh, nightmare some days! Some days I cry for nothing much, then when I expect to be in floods of tears like yesterday when my hubby went off shore for a month I only cried for a min or two, last time he went I cried all day lol!

congratulations on team blue! So glad it went well and what amazing pics! The first one is almost 3d like!! I can sympathise with the crying/hormone thing - please don't think you're mad just part and parcel of being a pregnant lady x x

Your pics are brilliant

Congrats on having a boy!

I've been feeling really emotional over the last few days too, cant seem to control it

:)

congratulations on team blue and enjoy choosing a new name!

Congratulations on your blue bump, glad the scan went well xxx

thanks girls! I'm getting more and more excited now about having a lil boy! Just keep imagining my husband playing with plains with him and teaching him stuff about nature (my husband is an ex-pilot and a keen bird/animal watcher). Would be so sweet! :)

Congrats on a team blue, little boys always love their mummys!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back