Baby with peeling skin!

saffydreamer

Reaction score
hiya me again,
Ava has got quite bad peeling skin on her knees, tummy and arms, its not red or sore, just looks very very flakey, i have tried baby oil in the bath (midwife sugested) and some baby moisturiser, at first, when i apply it, it looks like its worked but when i check when i next change her its still as flakey!
anyone's bubba had this and what worked for you?
thanks again
saffs and Ava pops xxxxxx

Rub her gently on her effected areas in small circular motions with 2 fingers, whilst shes in the bath, as that will help to bring away excess skin layers, also try using Oats instead of bubble bath, its a natural moisturiser. (Just buy normal oats from your supermarket, place a handful in a muslin cloth, and run it around in her bath water, the oats will soak and release a milky colour into the water, don't put the oats directly into the water, if that makes sense, strain them like a tea bag). Also, virgin olive oil is great for moisturising skin, again all natural, it's just that bit kinder to sensitive skin :hug:

Leif had flakey skin when he was born and for a while after and i was told to use olive oil by my midwife and hv and various other people.

yea i should get some olive oil for Emily she still has it. im actually using boots baby sensitive moisturising dry skin oil gel after ive changed her. and something else from the boots product for the bath.

Right, I am a total thicko but the lotion you use on chicken pocks, that's suppose to be good.

My cousin was born with ezcema (runs in the family) but it showed up 1 month after he was born and not in slow stages, they tried everyting but because he was so young, these medicines and creams were not working. Their neighbour suggested to use that lotion that you use on chicken pocks, begins with C.

After bathing, pat the skin down and add some on, not sure if it's something you want to try but it also takes the irritation away.

Austin had quite dry skin when he was born, was Ava overdue? It's quite common. Keep using the oil, if you find olive oil too rich try just ordinary sunflower oil. Keep reapplying it whenever you change her and it should clear up fairly quickly.

If you're still concerned after a couple of weeks go to see your GP, it's what they're there for!

Josephine_Beth said:
Right, I am a total thicko but the lotion you use on chicken pocks, that's suppose to be good.

My cousin was born with ezcema (runs in the family) but it showed up 1 month after he was born and not in slow stages, they tried everyting but because he was so young, these medicines and creams were not working. Their neighbour suggested to use that lotion that you use on chicken pocks, begins with C.

After bathing, pat the skin down and add some on, not sure if it's something you want to try but it also takes the irritation away.

Camomile lotion would stop it itching...which eczema has a tendency to do, but if its not sore, itchy and crusty, the best thing to use is the extra virgin olive oil... preferably from the Tuscany area of Italy, its very fine oil and just soaks straight into the skin... Alternatively... Almond oil is exceptional good...just a lot more expensive. You can also try getting any vitamin E cream.

A less natural remedy is Garniers hand cocoon... Don't ask me why but its absolutely fantastic. Its clearing up my daughters hands in just 3 days, and she has the most horrendous skin peeling all over her fingers and toes... which docs have no clue what it could be because it's not eczema. But I don't know how old you have to be to put it on...theres no age on the tube...

yes its normal in newborns. it will clear up by itself, but u can help by using olive oil from the chemists or oilatum

that italian olive oil is a good one, I use that out here, ever so rich and helthy but for some reason, it always make me feel hungry after putting it on lol

would E45 (if that's the name?) or nivea be any good? the plain, normal ones without perfume? I know the E one used to work wonders on my friend's 5yr old daughter.

See, I am clueless about kids! I had the shop assistant in mothercare using her brain for 30 mins yest. She must think I am either crazy or not prepared at all :shock:

thanks ladies!
your all great, going to get some olive oil today xxxxxxxxxxxx

Imogen had really bad skin too and i found oive oil usless and just greasy.

I recommend johnsons camomille gel, it smells lovely and does work but you have to keep at it, it dont work straight away but has neaeky got rod of immys dry skin flakes

I found the olive oil greasy and sticky too. I used Aqueous Cream from Boots. Huge tub is a fiver, or you can get it on prescription. Very gentle and doesn't leave a greasy residue or smell. Recommended by my HV and friends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back