Baby Vomit......Please help.

NIE

Reaction score
I am getting myself into such a state just now as I have a fear of sickness and I don't know what to do.

What should baby sick look like?

Adam has been quite sick over the past couple of days and it seems to be getting worse. It seems too much to just be him spitting up and sometimes it is very thick, is lumpy and is now like clear liquid.

He seems very well in himself and is not off his food or having diarrhoea. He did have a bad cold 11 days ago....could it just be him getting rid of all the mucus and phlegm?

Is he drinking enough? Plenty of wet nappies? No temp?

Just called NHS 24 20 mins ago and waiting for a nurse to call back.

He doesn't have a temp and his nappies are still wet but he has brought up almost all of his last bottle. He seems to be vomiting every 30 min or so.

Hmmmm
if he's otherwise OK I would just monitor him and see how he is tomorrow.
If he's still throwing up tomorrow, get him to the docs, who will probably say to just give water instead of milk for a few hours and see if that helps see it off.

Hope he's better tomorrow :)

I was told that if a baby doesnt vomit all the feed it is ok. But just check with your HV. :hug:

Went to hospital last night to the out of hours service. I was told it might just be a wee bug or a stomach problem that starts to occur at this age. I can't remember the name. If Adam was still ill in the morning I was to see my GP.

Went to my GP this afternoon and was refered to the children's ward where I spent 5 hours with Adam throwing up all over us. In the end they have given us gaviscon to try as they said Adam has reflux.

Fingers crossed it makes a difference for my wee man. I hate to think that he has been suffering from this for a few days. I feel terrible. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back