• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Baby swimming... who's been?

floppit

Reaction score
We went today and it was ACE!! Freya loved it from start to finish. She loved floating with just my hand under her head and being bounced on my knee - oh and she loved standing up in the water and kicking like a mad woman!

She stayed lovely and warm in her little mini wetsuit so we stayed in the pool for over an hour - and she's STILL full of beans!

I just wondered how many others have taken real little little ones swimming?

I really wanna go swimming! I'm positive Angel will love it. Just don't know how to dress her. Did your LO have a nappy on? I haven't bought anything coz i have no idea what to get. Will go tomorrow.

Evie loves it but we've not been for a couple of weeks because of one thing or another.

I need to sort myself out and take her again

we went swimming last week, will do it again this week :) its roasting here so the pool is luuuurrrrvly and not cold even though the pools are unheated. :)

lil miss nearly fell asleep swimming she loved it so much.... :D

I want to take my LO swimming. She was born in water and loves baths, showers, anything to do with water.

Immy liked swimming on hols but the pools were quite cold so she got cold quick and i<had to take her out as she got grumpy.

LisaJ1986 said:
I really wanna go swimming! I'm positive Angel will love it. Just don't know how to dress her. Did your LO have a nappy on? I haven't bought anything coz i have no idea what to get. Will go tomorrow.

I had her in Huggies Little swimmers (XS 8-13lbs) and a baby wrap wetsuit to keep her extra warm. ( http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BABY-SWIMMING-WRA ... 286.c0.m14 ). The wetsuit will earn it's keep because I think it meant we got to stay in the pool twice as long.

We take Dan to swimming lessons every Saturday. Its great and he loves it :cheer:

My friend is an instructor for Water Babies and she's going to teach us, I cant wait to start lessons I just have to wait for my section scar to fully heal after my horrible infection.

I took Oliver for the first time at 5 weeks, but it's taken me up until today to build up the courage to duck his head under. But he was fine, he didn't even splutter!

My mam and I are taking Jacob next Wednesday :D I've got swim nappies and swim shorts... I didn't think about him getting too cold :doh: Do you think he will need one of those bodysuite things?

Glad Freya enjoyed it :cheer:

We took chester for the first time last week and are gonna take him again tomorrow. He had the huggies swim nappies and swim shorts cus his wet suit hadnt arrived from ebay. He only went in the baby pool which is really warm and he LOVED it. He loves the bath too so I werent surprised.

I was a bit pee'ed off with this man and woman (god knows why they were in the baby pool) who were discussing that they thought my child was too young to take swimming!!!!!!!!!

Most peolpe thought he looked so cute and he got lots of admirers. We took a hooded towel and kept it poolside and he looked so cute all wrapped up in it when we left the pool!

I would love to take Ruby swimming but havent got the confidence :cry:
can you give any good tips :)

x

We took Ella when we went to Cornwall on holiday, she was 3 months. She wore a Huggies swim nappy and a swimming costume..so sweet!! It was freezing but she didn't moan, she was really good!! Loved it!!
When her jolly babies sessions finish in 2 weeks I'm going to start taking her swimming regularly :D

ha I was just talking to my OH today about how much i'd like to take Willow to Waterbabies or something of the sort. Don't know how we'd get along though :think:

Yay, thanks for that link I have just bought Owen one, he loves the bath so he should love swimming, they didn't have those suits when my girls were younger so could only stay in the pool for 15 mins before they got too cold, it will be nice to stay in there longer :dance:

Ellie LOVES swimming, we've been quite a few times now. When we're settled again we intend to start taking her weekly again :)

i can't wait to take aiden swimming!!! :cheer:

they babyswimming classes look brilliant, theres none in scotland though :(

Eva LOVES swimming, we go to classes and practice in the big bath together a few times a week too lol :lol:
the worst bit is getting her out after - she screams blue murder and it echoes lots, v embarrassing lol :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back