Baby rice?

lozzi

Reaction score
Does it really fill baby up?

how soon can you start giving it them?

Ellouise is nearly 13weeks... 3 calender months tomorrow

She used to sleep thru for the past week or so shes been gettin up for a feed.. past two nights shes got up twice for a feed...

is this norm?

I know they recommend the weaning at 6 months... but the way its going i doubt we'll make 4 months :l

whats the earliest you gave your babies rice?

I was hoping to go down the BLW path... :(

could it just be a growth spurt? as its not like the previous growth spurts that she has had...

like this morning she fed off both boobs and i was totally engorged as i am when i wake she went to sleep for about 5 minutes then started again :(

Baby rice does fill them up, although if I were you I'd hold off for a couple of weeks as she might just be having a growth spirt and not needing the rice.

When you do start just give her a tiny amount before bed to introduce it slowly

SarahH said:
Baby rice does fill them up, although if I were you I'd hold off for a couple of weeks as she might just be having a growth spirt and not needing the rice.

When you do start just give her a tiny amount before bed to introduce it slowly
i am really hoping its just a growth spurt :( as i am really hoping to do BLW

I'd hold off too. Leorah had the most knackering growth surt at around 3 months. It lasted a week and I honestly thought things would never go back to normal. It just so happens on new years eve she stayed up continually feeding until 4am and then woke for the day at 5.30am and continued feeding again :shock: I think alot of people mistake this hellish growth spurt for the need to wean but if you want to do BLW I would try and hold off :D

Olivia has had the big growth spurt a few weeks ago, tho hers never went away :lol:

She has baby rice and still wakes up to feed in the night :lol: ganet :lol: So for me it makes no difference.

Give it a week or so and if shes still the same give her some rice if you think shes ready for it :) Olivia loves it and as long as she is happy so am I, thats all that matters :)

As for the baby weaning, hun its only a top up, its not really solids, by 6 months or so she will be holding and feeding herself, by giving her rice your not stopping that from happening :)

And to be honest I was always under the impression that baby led weaning was when they weaned themselves off the breast :think:

Like the others have said it sounds like a growth spurt, hold off for a little while and see how she is then, if she needs a top up of rice then let her have some. Good luck :hug:

Personally I would wait till at least 4 months. More than likely its just a growth spurt. I believe it's more important to hold off on early weaning than to get a full nights sleep, but thats just how I feel. Brody was waking every 2 hours in the night, when I did eventually start him on a bit of baby rice it didn't make a blind bit of difference to his sleeping anyway, so I'm glad I didn't start sooner.

id wait a few more weeks too
I had baby rice from when i was about 2 weeks old because i was always hungry, but my mum read recently that giving babies rice too early can cause excema and asthma (which i have), i dont know how tho :?

Tasha20 said:
Olivia has had the big growth spurt a few weeks ago, tho hers never went away :lol:

She has baby rice and still wakes up to feed in the night :lol: ganet :lol: So for me it makes no difference.

Give it a week or so and if shes still the same give her some rice if you think shes ready for it :) Olivia loves it and as long as she is happy so am I, thats all that matters :)

As for the baby weaning, hun its only a top up, its not really solids, by 6 months or so she will be holding and feeding herself, by giving her rice your not stopping that from happening :)

And to be honest I was always under the impression that baby led weaning was when they weaned themselves off the breast :think:

Yes baby led weaning is weaning from the breast in the US. If you want to do BLW where baby feeds themselves it is best not to start the spoonfeeding as when they are 6 months they will not understand why they suddenly are left to their own devices so you would still need to spoonfeed as well. At 6 months its about practising and experimentation so not a lot is going down so it is an extra rather than a meal so if baby is already used to solids for the calories they will still need them, of course they can have finger foods too, its so much fun to see them enjoy trying out different things :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back