Baby Monitors - Advice Please

Louise1973

Reaction score
Anyone got any advice on baby monitors... there's so many to choose from and the reviews can be one extreme to the other :think:

I definitely want one so that I can hear what's going on in the nursery, while I'm downstairs.... and I guess I'd prefer to be able to communicate by 2way speaker too.

.... but then what about these pad things that sense babies heartbeat/movements & sound off an alarm if it detects a problem? Is this also a MUST HAVE? :?

Very confused - so any good recommendations / prices etc. gratefully received.

Oh - also... would you buyt 2nd hand from e-bay for something like this?

Ta v. much

I paid 30 quid for mine and its digital and when i listen to imogen there is no interference at all and i can hear her perfectly.
It doesnt show whether shes crying or checks her breathing but you can heasr it anyways.

I dont like the sensor pad ones as they make you to consious and sometimes the baby can pull the wire out which happened to me once when i was baby sitting and it scared the life out of me. My mum has bought me some of the tomy ones with the temperature and night light on it for £19 of ebay

i've got the tomy walkabout one, you can talk back to LO, tells u temp of bedroom, you can switch on night light from downstairs and it's also good for those nightfeeds :cheer:

I paid 65 for mine out of mothercare so it sounds like i should have went on ebay :doh:

Gemma & Jake said:
BT Digital is fab as it is really sensitive and there is no interference. I didn't have a sensor pad monitor though so I can't help you on them.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/BT-023214-Digit ... 057&sr=8-7

I've got this one too - it was bought for us as a gift. Its a lovely looking monitor and I like all the features in theory, but I don't think it's loud enough as we really have to strain to hear it when we've got the TV or washing machine on, which surely isn't the point of a baby monitor (we have tried turning the volume up to max and adjusting the sensitivity!).

It also loses charge after about 2 hours, so I wouldn't recommend it from my experience.

Valentine xxx

I had the Angelcare one which has a pad - i think its brilliant. It has worked under the moses basket mattress and the cot mattress and we haven't had any false alarms. it gives me peace of mind to know hat it will sound an alarm if C stops breathing, and I sleep better as a result.

We've bought the Tommee Tippee Suresound Ultimate monitor, which comes with a sensor pad. You don't have to use the sensor pad if you don't want to. It also has a temperature display and a nightlight. We weren't planning on getting one with the sensor mat, but after using one when looking after a friend's baby recently we really liked it. The other one we were considering was the BT Digital Plus, again after good reviews from friends.

If you (or anyone else) decides to get the TT one, it is £109 most places, but £80 if you purchase it directly from the Tommee Tippee website :D

Forgot to say, it runs on mains or batteries

valentine said:
Gemma & Jake said:
BT Digital is fab as it is really sensitive and there is no interference. I didn't have a sensor pad monitor though so I can't help you on them.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/BT-023214-Digit ... 057&sr=8-7

I've got this one too - it was bought for us as a gift. Its a lovely looking monitor and I like all the features in theory, but I don't think it's loud enough as we really have to strain to hear it when we've got the TV or washing machine on, which surely isn't the point of a baby monitor (we have tried turning the volume up to max and adjusting the sensitivity!).

It also loses charge after about 2 hours, so I wouldn't recommend it from my experience.

Valentine xxx

I've got this one too and really like it. I don't have a problem with hearing her when shes crying or even gurgling away.

I would agree with Valentine though and the battery life is pretty pants. It doesn't keep its charge for long (mine will go all day, on and off) but I charge it every night when we are in bed for the next day.

I got it through an ebay shop, I think it was around £20, its a shop return one which has been reconditioned but still under guarantee.

I also have the bt digital one and its fab - you can talk back and i dont have any problems hearing it, there are also lights that flash up when there is noise or movement. i would reccomend it to anyone!

we have the bt digital one too - we think its fab and have had no problems with it at all. it also goes a really good distance, and through 3ft stone walls no problem!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back