• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Baby door bouncer

lulu

Reaction score
Hi,

Jack got his door bouncer yesterday. We got it from ebay so it has no instructions with it.

Are your babies feet supposed to be on or off the ground?

When Jack was in it, his feet went very red and swollen, looked like they were going to explode! wondered if we had positioned it wrong.

Thanks.

babys feet are meant to be on the floor so they can push up and jump a bit.

i just got Cobys out again and its a god send, he stays in for for ages so i can get things done, dont know why i put it away in the first place! lol

his feet and arms should be like this...

bouncer.jpg

xxx

Awww Brody has been in his for a while today as well while I was sorting the laundry out.

The first few times I used it I kind of had him on his tippie toes for him to get used to it, then with a little more weight so he can bounce properly.

As urchin said the instructions say 'so their toes just touch the floor' .

Alex loves his - esp when he is sick on the floor then likes to trail his feet through it before i can get there - mucky pup!

x

Dh wants to get one for Ella, but I don't like them (no offence intended!!), we haven't got any door frames so it would mean drilling into the wood. I can see Ella collapsing in a heap (or pulling the ceiling down as she's a right squidgy!)

Ohh I'd forgotten about door bouncers - what age/stage can they go in them? Olivia can hold her head up and steady so maybe I could get her one?

What's the best one to get? Is that a Lindam Layla?

I'm a bit scared that it'll fall off the door frame, is it quite a secure fixing?

Thanks

Lucy

Hiya Lucy
I've got that lindam one too, They are very secure, I always clip it to the door frame then put all my wieght on it for a second to make sure it's safe for Brody.

I bought it when he was about 3 months, and he goes in it about twice a week for 20 mins or so

Same as Urchin, I have that one and Seren goes in it once a week for about 20 mins, usually whilst I am hanging out the washing so I can keep an eye on her. My OH put up our door frames and he has tested the bouncer so I can relax a bit more but I also worry about it all collapsing

same here, once i put it on teh frame i put all my weight on it and take my feet off the floor so im hanging there, if it doesnt come down from my weight then it wont for Cobys lol

xxx

i have one for sale if anyones interested only used twice :D

Thanks for the info - is there a limit to how much time they can spend in them?

Thanks

Lucy

I got the Lindam one at first Jack loved it, but how he just hangs in it looking at the floor!! It's like he has no head control! :roll: He has got plenty he can practically sit unaided on people knee but he musn't like his door bouncer :(

I worry as well when i put Jayden in hers. If I hung on it to check the strength I would worry I had weakened the door frame then so hanging on it wouldn't stop me from worrying :roll: xxx

Hi

Just put Kiara in hers today and she still dont really like it much only when i put it higher and swing her in it lol.
But i always do the same put my weight on it first.
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back