Baby carriers / slings

Rachel

Reaction score
When this baby is born I want to carry baby in a sling and just have Nathan in the pushchair as normal.

Just wondering what one you would recommend? With Nathan I had tomy freestyle (I think thats what it's called) and it was so uncomfy and really hurt my back so im looking for one that will be comfy to wear for a newborn and as baby gets older.

Thanks x

we are doing the same with our new born too, we carried alana in a sling when she was newborn and it was so much easier. i find the normal highstreet type ones are too uncomfy and kill my back.

we have a ring sling from bara barn.. for me and my OH has a pouch sling.

For something with last ability and that is comfy for long periods then you need a two shouler carrier. Have a look at Mei Tai's and wraps or even soft structered carriers like the Beco or connecta which work in the same way as a MT but with buckles rather than ties. I love my pouches and ringslings too but once your baby gets heavier they are for quick trips and those up and down days with a toddler.
Im addicted to babywearing lol, i have pretty much everything on the go (except the stuff you buy in mothercare which just should be taken off the market but thats a whole other rant lol). Im happy to help point you in the direction of websites if you need it.

Melanie said:
(except the stuff you buy in mothercare which just should be taken off the market but thats a whole other rant lol)

I agree lol i bought one the other day and it was just awfulo...i have taken it back!! 8)

I use a Moby wrap and I would totally recommend it. I just keep it on most of the time and put Dylan in and out whenever I want. I take him out shopping etc in his pram but if he wakes up the Moby is a godsend, coz he's too heavy to carry about all day. I'm quite small and thought it would hurt my back, but you can spread the material over your back to distribute the weight x

Thanks for the replies, im clueless about slings so they've helped alot :hug:

I will have a look at some of the ones recommended on here then see which one out of them I like the look of and seems the best for me :)

Glad you can get ones that are comfier than the high street ones though, it killed my back when I used it with Nathan and he was only 6 months at the time so never again.

Also, the ones you have mentioned on here how easy are they to get baby in and out of and get on and off yourself?

Thanks xx

I've bought the Moby wrap and although I haven't used it with a baby it is really easy to get on and off and you put baby (or in my case so far. a doll :rotfl: ) in it after you have put it on so it's really easy. Someone on the forum is selling a new Moby wrap for half price. I can't remember which notice board it was on but it was posted today.

Id say that as Dylan gets bigger, it gets a little more difficult to get him in and out of the Moby wrap because of the bit you need to pull from underneath and over. I'm probably just being fussy though and don't mind it taking an extra few seconds

i find ring sling alot more comfier then mei tai's i have a bad back and a slipped disk and after 5 mins my back hurts as much as it did wearing a high street one :cry:

ring slings and pouches have never hurt me :dance: all this baby wearing talk i need to buy a new one :rotfl:

Baby slings are usually gaining in attractiveness but many people have no idea of how to effectively use or carry little one in the sling.
Many baby insurers only allow a couple of positions, either on the front or back but that has a baby sling your options are many. Sorts of slings are Hip Carry, Tummy to help Tummy, Breastfeeding Take, Kangaroo Carry in addition to Back Carry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back