Baby books - article about not reading them

Littlerayray

Reaction score
Apparently there is an artcicle out there somewhere about how there is now a movement back towards....just do your best and don't follow baby books. Has anyone seen this? I am soooo confused about which baby book to follow and I would be interested in reading this article. I think it was in Psychologies Magazine but I can't find anything on the internet about it ANYWHERE.

Please can someone help? Thank you! xx

I don't know about the article but didn't realise people actually take books like that seriously - I read some when DS was really tiny, but found them to be more stress inducing than anything so gave them all away when he was about 6 weeks old. Obviously didn't do any harm, my HV says he's perfect, he's only had one cold, has 3 solid meals a day and will eat pretty much anything, and sleeps through the night. So who needs the books lol! Would be interesting to read the article!

Ooh I'm not sure about the article but if it's any use hun I don't think the book are too important xx It's good to read a few and get opinions and tips and stuff, although OH and I are planning to just do our best ourselves and do what we think best xx

Anything you need to know hun just ask on here :lol: I haven't bothered with books and ella-rose is doing great :) just trust your instincts and you will be fine x

I had great intentions of reading lots of baby books while I was pregnant. I started to read a couple and they just annoyed and confused me. There's too many different books with conflicting advice. I find it much easier to ask on here, you get first hand experience afterall :)
In Scotland you get a book called ready steady baby when you book in. It's quite basic but its the only one I've found helpful :)

yeah id probably ask mums on here more than trust books... i think they are alright in terms of stuff lie what stuff to buy mebbe but apart from that i just asked the lovely ladies on here! x

I haven't read any parenting/baby books, too many people with totally opposing ideas. As a parent I thinkyou really do know what is best for your child.

I had great intentions of reading lots of baby books while I was pregnant. I started to read a couple and they just annoyed and confused me. There's too many different books with conflicting advice. I find it much easier to ask on here, you get first hand experience afterall :)
In Scotland you get a book called ready steady baby when you book in. It's quite basic but its the only one I've found helpful :)

Oooh I got ready steady baby! :) It's been really useful so far actually, from a medical side of things x

When it comes to actually parenting though, I'll be avoiding books like the plague! :shock: xx

Anything I want to knwo i ask on here too! ;) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back